Jelmiry makes me cry... - am I missing something?

I open an extra thread for that just to make sure that it works how it’s supposed to. I am close to give up on this since testing requires to interrupt work like hourly, for days now, but I simply think it can’t be…

Two places are known where people successfully fished, posted on Atropos map and Carnage page:

Spoilers

Hulthines (close Flying High Portal Stone) and Rainforest (Hermit Camp, on the side closer to Nomad’s Portal Stone)

I can’t be at both, wasted lots reagents to port back and forth tho.

My list (shortened) looks like this:

Spoilers

The fish spawns when it rains just like Frosted Perch before, fine, how hard can it be…

8:50 Rain, nothing
11:20 Rain, nothing
13:00 Rain, nothing
14:30 Rain, nothing
17:30 Rain, nothing
19:00 Rain, nothing

etc. etc. etc.; this is Rainforest. Hulthines is even more a pain since it takes that long for the lure to come back that rain is over when I am finished with testing the waters; but it’s similar. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I’m entirely sure I am at the places the maps show. I am using 45-60 throws with ‘empty’ lures (rotten finger or feather), per rain phase, to test for nibbles. Not one in whatever phase or area I tried.

Now iirc in the OG rain was synced across areas. We could just play normally and switch to areas where it rains to test. Now we are glued to zones which makes it even more boring, the only reasonable way is either know fixed times - if those even exist - or afk there, peeking in regularly, until rain arrives. This waiting time for rain alone is tedious enough but if then it finally rains and it does not spawn at 6 different times, throughout the day, I really wonder if that’s some sort of joke, sorry…

Thanks for american players forwarding times where they DID indeed fish it, all this is middle of the night for me though. I very much hope Jelmiry isn’t sleeping all day until then or spawning right when we do dungeon evenings or such. There must be several times, during 24h, when it spawns right… I found all other fish by now, testing patiently and forwarding info to be published for all, but this one seems to be either a needle in a haystack OR the locations are wrong after all (there’s even a ss though of a catch) OR the nibble mechanics is just completely worthless; after over 1000 throws for testing ONLY I slowly suppose it is.

I mean, this is not a legendary transmog we go for weeks and be happy if we find one, finally, but a fish needed for plain regular endgame-crafting. It is supposed to SPEED UP the process of singles; if it’s taking days to get even a nibble this is a pure game of luck and skipp-able content, since it’s taking a fraction of that time just fishing for singles.

1 Like

@Metris_Marshmallow i can try fishing some for you tomorrow

1 Like

That’s nice of you but it’s more a general thing… if anything than I buy them from you or others. But I wished to be independent I just think there must be anything I’m missing, likely something wrong with the method of testing lures or possibly it’s really meant to be that rare then I indeed would not pursue it further.

2 Likes

I have been seeking it for a long time too. Rains, can’t catch it, rains again, can’t catch it.
I don’t know either

2 Likes

Is it possible the raining part of the information is wrong? Perhaps its more to do with a Day or Time or mix

1 Like

Good thread. Much interest here. Keep up the good work. Well done so far.

If anyone has any corrections for my map, please definitely let me know.

It is unlikely that it’s wrong, since all who got it said that, so far. The community is not that hostile that obviously wrong info of those searching isn’t corrected by those who know better (I hope) … But yea gathering all data and help I got on this (thx) I think it is indeed no longer worth or possible for me searching it, systematically.

Hint.
Not really wrong, but not fully correct. You are missing something.
Also, info from carnage is from the beta, don’t trust it.
It’s all in the details.
Happy fishing

burnator, we did change alot of it since the beta.
we fixed the kylakin information and we still add information when we find it
although i do beleive we need to update the Minotaur boss fight page

Cleary. Orbs in crypt boss one? Lol.
Then again it might be updated and just plain wrong.

nah, we just didnt fix it
I understand our website isnt perfect
but we are doing good I think
at least if it helps people
I will try to find out more about jelmiry

burn Nestor update it a few days ago its right lure and times

1 Like

Just found one

Spoilers

In HS, lower lake (not up at portal event); during rain.

Could not fish any though, because it was skipping like crazy, reeled for a minute only to see it go farther and farther. The line was dark-red every time it was about to get a bit closer, finally snapped, several times. Some of the lure was spent because of the dreaded overlaps.
Also, as expected, testing lures took a while, taking up almost all the time the weather conditions lasted. fml this is really just a waste of time, lures, and potions.

You already know the lure combo and the location so you shouldn’t need to nibble test anymore

Yeah you need a better fishing rod, wear the weapon with strength bonus (shard weapon) and drink a decent strength potion to not have trouble reeling it in.

Rickness unlike others I am not SWIMMING in mats, I tested 100 lures… without getting one nibble, weather condition was always raining!!! Even if I farm mats all days and quit my job to do fishing potions I would not be able to test with real lures with that spawn rate.

If I need to use real lures for testing plus potions every time, they just go down the drain for nothing and what p… me off most about all this mess is that half the server was having unlimited lures for quite a while, actually weeks to test all they want and figure patterns and do stocks and what not. Guess who was late to know, the smaller guilds, I practically learned that hours before the patch! Ok vent over.

1 Like

I haven’t felt that the type of fishing rod has any effect…

yeah me neither. But they say it is the case so I thought would just mention it anyway :man_shrugging:

I have 153 str (weapon), aged str potion and the 3rd best rod I hardly think anyone got a better now.