Just hit 19 on my musketeer, is there better grinding methods other than worms?

Just hit 19 and I’m trying to farm the lvl 20 worms by world boss…is there any other options for soloing the grind (as im not really seeing anyone else free to farm).

They are taking forever and a half because of all the burrowing.

You could do the bluetails outside of the tradu mine enterance.

1 Like

They just dropped down to pink triangles for 500 exp but I bet that would still be much faster! XD

Wilds with friends is always fun and gets some nice exp, will probably take a lot longer than worms but will give you some better gear with luck

1 Like

Thanks for the replies you guys.

I’m gonna be 100% honest here…why is this STILL an issue? I started playing 4 months ago, and heard the same complaints myself from others at the time, and made those same complaints myself, and since then any time I have encountered a level 19, have heard the same complaint. Why is there still no alternative to grinding worms at level 19? I mean, I get that there has been a lot of content developed during that time, but for how active the dev team is, it’s so painful to be reminded that problems that were around 4 months ago are still problems now.

1 Like

There kind of is a way though. It’s not 100% solo but with 2 to three people at 19 you can start picking off trash mobs in Tradu (forest/lab mainly). This helps complete the Noah Ark’s Wild quest too if you don’t want to go into the actual wilds. Also I’m pretty sure the Frosted Spit still gives XP at 19 although I don’t know if it’s more efficient than worms.

1 Like

Worms are pretty fast, spent about 30-40 mins and got half way to 20. As a ranger I can kill the worm before it reaches me and cycle to the next one keeping my orbs up just enough. By time I kill the third worm… the first one will spawn so I can literally cycle the worms indefinitely until I’m tired.

The mobs by tradu are good but they spawn so slowly.

You can also try the desert wilds.

I never used the worms to go from 19 to 20. I also leveled a bit in frosted spit. You can also use the wilds or the lvl 19s in lamavora. In less than a week Act 3 will be released. There will be more quest to help you get to 20.

1 Like

Worms were great as an archer, as normally they can be killed or at least have their health severely reduced by the time they reach you. I too leveled my archer quickly using them.

Worms are ok as a musketeer, though very slow, as you can pull multiple at a time and chip away at them as they alternate digging into the ground.

Worms as a mage can be pretty tough due to high damage output, unless you’re an excellent caster in which case it’s similar to archer. It’s a given that you’ll die a lot from surprise aggro.

Worms are absolute hell as a warrior; their hit-box is small and very low to the ground which can make grinding pretty uncomfortable or even painful. It’s very difficult to fight just one at a time as well, since there is no pull mechanism. When you can, they often spend a majority of the fight underground, making it even slower than musky.

there is always wilds farming; if need be you can always find a group and do aberrations; im also level 19 but a runemage

1 Like

Was shard dungeons not good enough xp for you? :thinking:
Also good job as our healer. :blush:

1 Like

This thread was started before we met up!! It was insane exp. I’m at like 85% now, I will be farming a lot today after 20 hehe

Ps. Thank you for the compliment. Thanks to your gear levels I bet we could have even done higher than 3!

The worms are still technically best. A group of 5 can pull them literally nonstop for hours because of their respawn time.

Having said that if you are tired of it, hit up a level 20 dungeon and kill the trash. This is still fast but you will have to leave the dungeon to restart it, which takes a bit of time, compared to the worms which are nonstop.

There are other options, the worms are just perfect.

1 Like

Well it’s a bit late but I once started a thread which like combined almost everything said, with some more detail on how to get to the areas:

Only thing which changed since then is couple new quests for leveling but once you did em all this is still the way to go.

Actually, try to join a group and run tradu mines. Or shards. The speed runs give you close to max xp bonus constantly, and you will learn a lot.

2 Likes

Yes this!!
This is where a good fellowship/friends really shines. Start learning the ropes and get some nice xp and gear all in one swoop.
Just don’t step in the purple stuff, even if your tank is dancing in it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.