The painful level 19 - Worms, Tipps, and, please more lvl 20 mobs :)!

So after a ton of grinding to finally get to 20 I thought I’d write a post about ways to do it I found best. Which are not quite sufficient, so I hope with time there are more. Perhaps someone even got better tipps.

• Lamavora Frontier: Enter from Order Fort, then after a short walk there is one meadow with level 19 bunnies and spiders. It is the second quickest area to level which I found because there is many at one spot, so that works IF you are alone. Often I met people doing same though, and decided to switch the area else we’d both only wait for ages for respawns.
  • Frosty Spit: The third best area imo to level, lots of Foxes, Dreygurs, level 19, but a bit more spread out. You’ll be fine finding them even if there’s one or two groups hunting them, too. Avoid the Stags, the AoE is a pain and will kill you often due to no way to get out of it (avoid fighting on the hills, there is not enough space to port to).
  • Worms: High level worms are right after the “normal” worms in the desert, around the little Stonehenge area. While you get 400-500+xp from the other two places, solo, the worms give 800+, plus higher gear. This area is never free of players and literally camped on, because it seems to be the only area other than the wilds with lvl 20 mobs.
    Luckily the spawn rate is very high, so you can just camp on a spot and kill “your” worm on spawn. It is much faster and less boring with a group of 2 or 3 doing this, but worm’s are decreasing faster, too. So with several groups doing this a time you either end up tagging each others mobs all the time ( = way less xp) or can’t even keep the chain up because they spawn very fast, but not sooo fast.

At first I found it annoying to see level 20s at the worms, who got no use for the xp (might well still farm for gear, though), or a level 14 who can get same amount of xp anywhere else, sure you get gear, but don’t think it’s of much benefit if it scales to level and you will be back here at killing hundreds worms with lvl 19, anyway.

But in the end of day you can’t ask that from players (I miss very few pieces of gear too and might return to worms), it would be an easy solution if there just were couple more places to find lvl 20s, outside the wilds, this is what I would wish for :slight_smile:

Edit: Two more ways from comments:

• The Wilds: All mobs are 20 and there is at least one relatively safe spot for a lvl 19 player to level, see below (ty Kamina/Trikki)
  • Dungeons (Tradu Mines): Try going for small groups, then walk out to reset and do it again - didn’t try myself yet, but if you can do it, a major advantage is that there’s no need to compete over mobs with other players (ty lemf)

Also devs announced more quests coming, some targeting levels 18-20, with next content patch (ty Riley_D).

4 Likes

This is my biggest issue with the game currently.

There are the wilds which are full of lvl 2 mobs, but now that there is a bandit(1) it’s not as viable as it used to be
EDIT: I farmed desert wilds for 20 solo and got it in 5 hours before XP was buffed, so it was a pretty good spot

Yeah, I pushed through frosted spit to 20 and it was painful. (Literally… I was soloing warrior.) However, while the grind was slow, I was still able to get about 25-30% per hour. Overall, four hours to get to twenty wasn’t too bad.

But doing it fighting pink mobs constantly was really annoying. I totally agree that we need more level 20-21 mobs, without them pulling in a group.

1 Like

So a major part of Content Patch Two coming out next is the rest of the Act 3 Story, which includes quests for levels 18-20. Sorry for the pain right now, though :frowning:

5 Likes

Good to know! I’m still 16 trying to push through my last quests and wasn’t looking forward to grinding later. Now I’ll just wait on that patch :slight_smile:

I’d be curious how you did that. I tried leveling in the wilds, actually, and my problem wasn’t players at all (saw none), but the mobs. I could not bring one down, not even the non-elite and I’m not ashamed to say that did not change with 20, when I tried again.

I can’t even see what level a mob is in advance, because everything attacks me from a great distance, and there’s always an elite jumping on me after minutes in the very first part after the guards (tried 3 wild areas… if that’s all, I am through) so I gave up for now.

And if I could bring the normals down with lvl 19 it would’ve taken me way too long… I play a musketeer, perhaps with classes dealing more dmg - I see mages hit with 10 times mine lol; also I like the cc options they got if there’s adds - it is possible. Also I played solo, majorly, so all my level 19 gear is just from questing/grinding mobs, not dungeons.

Great to hear there’s quests coming, I like that alot, also because of the more entertaining factor :slight_smile:

1 Like

The snakes in the desert wilds near the east-side entrance are very easy to single pull and solo as a level 19 musket.

Run renew, decurse, cure, and poison and set your turret to damage. Keep renew up on yourself, decurse the snake poison, keep poison orb up and plink away while the poison and turret to the majority of the work. Cure yourself in between pulls.

There are no elites or aberrations anywhere near these. There are probably 10-15 spawns you can kill in a nice loop and grinding them is probably the fastest way to solo 19-20.

3 Likes

This was back on the first day of EA, and back when the elites Aggro range was much smaller, so I just ran up and down the left most path killing all the solo boars, deer, foxes, etc. the elites/neon mobs are definitely a no go solo

1 Like

That’s great to hear Riley! Have you decided on any plans for daily and/or repeatable quests?

2 Likes

@Trikki could only try with lvl 20 but that works marvelous (also with this combination of orbs, do you always play setting turret to dmg or does it vary?), indeed one of the few spots (or only…) where you don’t need to sneak past elites (which mostly fails). I like mobs much better which don’t vanish underground like every 2secs. Additional advantage, they don’t seem to drop any tradables, so you can’t loose a thing, and guards are nearby to run to, just in case.

Everything in Orbus is situational, and knowing how to use the entire toolkit of a class is a significant part of its skill ceiling. There is never a universal “right” thing to do – your personal playstyle, group composition, and boss strategy will determine the right loadout for you to use in any given situation. Group has 2 muskets? Maybe one goes full healing and the other adds in poison or weakness.

Solo healing something hard? You’ll probably use renew, lifewell, cure, and shield; however, what do you do if that boss also needs a decurse? Does it move? Then drop lifewell for the decurse. Does the boss do most of it’s damage in spikes? Drop renew instead.

Every fight has variables, and knowing how to overcome them is a cornerstone of the musketeer class.

There are several other spots of level 20 mobs that are good grinding for 19-20, but I’m not going to spoil the fun here. Go explore and try new things to see what works for you!

1 Like

Thx yea I well did server first kills in non-vr games, well aware you need to adapt to bosses and groups ;). And I was unclear, initially meant “always” when it comes to normal solo grinding. I really don’t switch very much since indeed my set (weak - poison - shield - renew) works for most or all mobs I found, only not too fast. Except perhaps decurse for the poison mobs, and a different set for the bloody healers. My turret was set to heal so far, just to be safe and not loose too many shots on healing, but dmg seems to work very well too, possibly even better.

As for the very few dungeons I did, these are good tipps, yes these 4 been what I started with and I’m still trying to figure what does what, gravity or frost for example don’t really seem to have any effect on some bosses and mobs. But musk strategy would likely be a very good topic for an extra thread :).

Oh and no worries, you won’t spoil any fun and I don’t think I did that either, likely, since I found it rather tedious to run around for hours, between green and yellow mobs, searching things to kill, so glad I got that over with, dungeons are way more interesting.

when is Content Patch Two planed to release? i don’t mind grinding but if its soon i would rather wait.

This might help. In the new dungeons there is a bunch of 20 mobs and they reset if you get out and come back in. Some mobs pull in really small groups so I farmed 16 to 17 there got my 20 gear and then farmed 18 to 19.3 with my ranger. Because of alt buff they give me 1100 but probably 800 for first character players. Best place to grind in my opinion and I tried worm and blue tails in my first character.

2 Likes

It’s probably 4-6 weeks out.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.