Level scaling really needs to go!

I’m trying to complete some quests and I keep dying while trying to kill the sorcerer…
I am level ~30+3 and I can’t beat that thing (at occasion) with one of the highest dps classes around (The Shaman), plus tile-set’s applied everywhere!?
What was the point of leveling to level 30 in the first place!!??

Its bad enough that the next steps to beating this quest is to wait, forever, for a world boss one and two to happen… hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

So my suggestion is to make quests, beatable on your own, cause with a community like orbus, which quits after the fist hour, makes it impossible to find people that have the same goals, at the same time so we can get through the last milestones!..

I further think that the queue’s for the Dungeons and Raids should have a visible chart, so we can see who/how many is waiting in line and decide to stay in line or to jump ship for another line.
Actually, I would also like the ability to join the dungeon or raid queues simultaneously. Since the queues are so long and you sometimes wait forever…
Ask me questions if something isn’t clear…

5 Likes

Nah, level scaling keeps the whole game relevant. I absolutely love it. The sorcerer group isn’t so bad to solo if you go about it Right. Kill the flyer to stop poison, then the melee mobs, then the sorcerer. At level 30+3 and tiles you should be able to drop them fairly quickly.

I can’t drop them any faster then what the shaman re-spawns…

I don’t think I follow.

I can’t throw orbs faster than what they respawn but I die with what I throw.
I am an artificer, so I know what tile-sets have to be designed and with that said, I achieve super high dps as but I still die. The old orbus was way more fair about the armor level vs the overworld, achieving a much better experience and reward level. Right now, this quest is simply frustrating to play! I also need two world bosses to beat it. That practically makes it impossible since I rarely see any world boss events in orbus reborn, vs OG. so it will take me forever to finally make it through the quest and I find that to be BS…

I think there’s some kind of bug if they’re respawning as fast as you’re throwing orbs. It should take them several minutes to respawn and only seconds for each totem to spawn an orb.

You are not understanding.
The ORBS do not res-spawn fast enough, not the MOBS

Plus the world bosses can be taken down with as few as 2 players (so I’ve heard, I’ve not done it), though most of my small group kills have been 4-6 (with super high dps you shouldn’t have much issue). You don’t need 30+ like you did in OG.

Orbs spawn every few seconds. Again, with “super high dps” and prioritizing your targets you should be able to solo it (assuming your armor isn’t broken? That has gotten me killed several times).

All in all of this quest is frustrating you, leave it and come back later. It’s not worth getting frustrated over. This is a game that’s meant to be enjoyed :slight_smile:

Holy crap forgive the multitude of autocorrects. I just got a new phone and my god is messing this up lol

I am not here to beat the quests with other players. I am here to do them on my own, as I have always done in ORBUS.
I shouldn’t have to die, being a level 30+ 3, in a highsteppe zone just trying to complete quests!!
Are you a paid person to try to counteract everyone’s opinion or something?

I am sorry but in every posts you try to counter me, and I am growing sick of it.

No, I’m here to let people know that despite the really loud people constantly complaining about how awful this game is, there are players who actively enjoy the game as it is. And the constant telling the devs what to do with their game got really old months ago. I only counter posts I disagree with

If you want to play solo that’s fine, but there are parts of the game you won’t be able to complete.

I am never here to compain how aweful the game is. EVER
I am here to help fix the bugs and they are a handful, so I can’t help that fact.

Overworld level scaling feels to me like an insult rather than a reward.
I just want to complete the quests. What’s the real problem?

Level-scaling is a rough subject, always has been

2 Likes

The overwhelming majority of people in the game agree with you. There are a few exceptions, but this can hardly take away from the majority. The devs should re-read all the other posts about level scaling and seriously consider whether or not to remove it from the game. The vast majority of the player base has voiced their opinions on it, no one even liked it in the first place, yet they still thought it necessary to add it to the game anyway.

3 Likes

the problem I have is that this issue has been beaten to death, the devs want to keep it in the game, but the players think they can force the devs to do it by constantly posting. Just like the multitude of “bring back old orbus” threads.

It’s not happening. You don’t have to like it, but demanding the devs change something that’s not the vision of their game, over and over after being told no, is ridiculous

I mean don’t get me wrong, I miss a stupid amount of stuff from preborn. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat, but they’ve made it clear where their stance is. Why go on about it?

I am not trying to force anyone. I am simply, pointing out, like anyone else where one of the major problems is with Orbus. I understand that you don’t’ see it. And that’s okay, you can’t see everything clearly in life the first time necessarily. If the majority of the players are saying this, then it means that the majority of your profits went out the door as the majority don’t agree with you and left permanently! (the profits actually stayed because the poor players were duped and had to pay before most of them found out what the game was truly all about!)

The devs should be making the game for the players, not for themselves. If the players hate a feature of the game, then the devs should remove it. The devs aren’t even the people that play the game, we are. We should preach our opinions if we want out voices to be heard. I couldn’t care less what the devs WANT to keep in the game, if the majority of the players don’t want it, then they should remove it if they actually care about making something for the players to enjoy.

3 Likes

If players had control over games instead of developers, I’m of the opinion games would be a hot mess. I really do not want to see what this game would be if the players instead of the devs decided on it. Besides, the majority of the active player base has no issue with level scaling.

@Lara_r it’s okay if you can’t see what level scaling was introduced. And that’s okay because, as you said, not everybody sees things clearly at first. Hopefully sometime you’ll see why it’s good thing.

Exactly, you don’t know what a real rewarding game is all about!