Level scaling really needs to go!

Shaman sits in one place for the most part while other classes can use the ramp and movement to avoid a lot of hits. I think that alone is a factor too. High dps < survivability lol

It sounds to me then that these things belong in the Wilds where I would kill these with friends. Leaving the over-world where I can solo everything. I don’t come on the game to do quests with friends. To me, that’s what world bosses, dungeons, raids and Wilds are for…
At my level, I should be rewarded by being able to kill everything in the overworld at the very least. Besides world bosses of course…

Are you dodging the bolts?

yes (;sladkfja;sldkfjasd;l)

I can typically take things down in 5 hits or so. Not in the wilderness (that shouldn’t change).

Being able to one-shot animals is fun though so I get that aspect.

On the flip side, plus gear should have an effect on level-scaling specifically. Enemies only scale up to level 30 yes?

If so, then plus gear should have a noticable difference in enemy “difficulty”

If not, then it should be considered.

the sorcerer is the one near the cave?

This is how it went for me. But my gear is a bit better. Maybe it helps:

Another kill when naked:

1 Like

I guess were are not all good like you Scott lol

1 Like

I should be able to easily kill the whole group!

Enemies scale up to 6 levels below you and up to 4 levels above you. So if monster is lvl 1 and you are lvl 30, it will fight as if it is a lvl 24 monster.

Too bad the devs put mobs in groups.

And a note on level-scaling, low levels do not do damage to anything so why bring them. I just tried to help two lower levels but I didn’t have the DPS to do it solo. I can tank but then DPS would be so small that id be there for minutes.

The level-scaling Is not the best it could be. Seems it is only upscaling :confused: which is not true from what you stated.

Also, mods have so much health for what they are. 4 shots at 10k each … no wonder that low players can’t kill anything. Times that by 2 or 3 (depending on the group) and even I can’t DPS enough because of the health I have. Sure, a dps has less health but with no real way to parry or anything to even block damage if you’re good enough, it gets frustrating at times.

I get it, they want you to form a group. There isn’t a reliable player base to do it comfortably. Everyone wants to do shards or something and not missions on top of that.

This game doesn’t have a blocking or dodging mechanic to avoid basic attacks besides tanks (the melee attacks). When getting mobbed by 3, their dps together is far more than mine.

I can handle ranged attacks because I CAN avoid them.

I think the initial goal of bringing low lvl and high lvl players together with lvl scaling is not the devs intention anymore with lvl scaling. I am completely guessing here but maybe they kept lvl scaling in to force players to not only get better with a higher lvl but also with personal improvement too. Getting a higher lvl in Oldbus costs alot of experience in the class. Reborn doesn’t give you that. So to stop getting too overpowered without knowing what to do they keep the monsters lvl scaled so they are tough if you don’t practice? Idk sounds far fetched but still a thought i had.

2 Likes

Maybe, but that goes against the “so low and high levels could play together” - Which could have been done before - by constricting how much that low lvl can do with the high lvl.

Why would a high level agree to help a low level? It’s quite a chore, no 30 would party with 1-10 to go adventuring. Doing so just means the 30 HAS to look after both butts. If I can’t hold my own then why would I make it harder? If I tag with a low level, I’m not leaving highstep.

2 Likes

As I said probably not their intention anymore to encourage that with lvl scaling.

Ah, I overlooked that part x3

Probably trying to lengthen missions so people can grind them and lvl. As level-scaling would prevent one-shoting. Why people do critter captures x3

At the end of the day, I am here to have fun, I do get better gradually naturally, so It shouldn’t be forced upon me. After all, a game is supposed to be fun, not a chore. This game is more of a chore and I feel the fun went out the door with Reborn…

It feels like Orbus set the bar so high with preborn, that it is pretty much competing with it’s self and the dev’s visions doesn’t seem to align with what the general community wants. (Hence, all the posts about wanting old orbus back and such)

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of an early access being completely different from full-game. Moreso If the early access was more than a year old. Guess they took some concepts from preborn and rolled with it x3. And it’s their game at the end of the day.

1 Like

It’s very true, but let’s not forget what this is doing to the community. I know of at least 2 new VRMMO Games that are being produced BECAUSE of Orbus and how the game lacks… These are old Orbus players who could do something about it.
If no one points it out, then no one might know why this game is a failure…
Once these games launch, I can predict a further dip in the player base of Orbus!

2 Likes