Major issues in beta branch!

I used the beta build during the last version. It was great! But since the update yesterday… oh boy…

• Crashing
  • Major lag spikes infrequently
  • Frequent minor lag spikes (playing mage is impossible with graphical lag every 2 minutes)
  • Losing connection to servers more frequently
  • My clan mates and I get one thousand ping randomly (I got 1043 ping I remember, others didn’t go away)

I didnt disable the beta branch manually after the update. Should I do that?

Wait are you on the “beta” branch or the “experimental” branch?

You shouldn’t be on the “experimental” branch unless I’ve spoken with you via email and asked you to move to it, and the “beta” branch wasn’t updated recently.

I’m not on experimental: let me clarify:
I was on the performance beta branch before the update. I did not manually take myself off of it after the update. So, what I was wondering was if it doesn’t automatically take you off the beta branch? I’d it doesn’t than I was suggesting that maybe that was a problem but I won’t be home for 6 hours to check.

Right okay…so just to make sure we’re on the same page:

You mean the OrbusVR “beta” not the SteamVR “beta” right?

If so, I guess where I’m getting confused is you said “the update yesterday.” There hasn’t been a new update on the Beta branch since January 8th. So I guess when you say that, do you mean it downloaded a patch yesterday for you and installed it? Or…?

To answer your question, though, once you switch to the Beta branch you will always be on that branch unless you switch off manually back to “None - Opt Out of all Betas”.

But again, I didn’t change anything on that branch since Monday morning, so I don’t know why you would suddenly be experiencing issues on it you weren’t before…

There will be a new patch going out this morning, though.

I’m on the Orbus VR beta. I distinctly remember Steam updating Orbus either yesterday or the day before. It was when you posted the announcement that you did a server and client update to fix quest text.

I did just realize something tho. I did get the Oculus beta to try viewing my screen in game as reccomended by somebody else instead of OVRdrop. Perhaps that’s causing my problems?

Whoops… I saw this thread on the forums yesterday.

Because I saw it at the top and I’d never seen it before I thought it was new. I should have checked the date.

But now I’m curious as to why Orbus updated…

Hmmm yeah I’m not sure.

I would double-check to make sure it says Orbus [beta] and not OrbusVR [experimental] when you get home, just in case.

Other than that, yeah it’s entirely possible it is the Oculus Beta causing the issues. In the settings you should see a “Use Classic” or something like that you can toggle on which will turn off the new Dash and Home features and you can see if that fixes it.

If not let me know because either way you shouldn’t be having those problems, I just wanted to make sure you weren’t getting code you shouldn’t be because that experimental branch has some really funky stuff going on haha.

What is the expiremental branch btw? Is it meant for players? Based off of what you said I’m assuming I don’t want to find out xD

It’s for people who are experiencing frequent crash issues, I do random stuff and turn off parts of the game to figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

I used the Oculus beta core 2.0 yesterday to watch Netflix while fishing… It was a stuttery mess. Hands jumping all over the place… Closed the Dash screen and it went back to smooth tracking. What ever optimization Oculus did seems to have made it worse, as I was able to use it before. i7 with 16GB ram, 1080ti.

That’s true, Oculus did just put out a new Core 2.0 update. So maybe they broke it? Haha.

I am on the beta build. I just checked.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.