Multiple bugs - Battlegrounds

Yesterday, for the 1st time in about 6 months I decided it’d be fun to do some battlegrounds, I quickly remembered why I stopped doing them, too many bugs, desyncs or issues with them that it quickly becomes frustrating and not fun

I didn’t record until the second game

The first game, I noticed that if I died with my bow in my hand, the angle which I hold my bow would change the 1st time I load a special arrow into it, not sure if it happens with a normal arrow as I always start with a special arrow (I will test this next time I log in)

Right near the end of the 1st match, I got the good o’ dead at graveyard where you then have to use the “to go graveyard” button to kill your dead self and then you can reawaken but this then shows your screen as red as you have no health, this fixes it’s self once you get hit, your health will show it’s correct amount, however it is annoying and if you don’t know how to fix it you’ll end up closing the game and wasting your time

The second game I got in, I had no items in my inventory at all, as soon as I died my bow broke, but because I had no items in my inventory I couldn’t fix it by switching bows/class, I exited the game, I reopened the game and when I clicked log in I got connection closed message followed by a black screen, at this point I started recording cause I was already getting annoyed by the bugs, I reopened the game, and it happened again, this time I had it on video, I managed to get back in on the third try, bow broke a couple of times and the game ended after like 2 minutes of me finally getting back in, huge waste of time :frowning:

The third game was mostly my bow breaking every time I died, but then, right at the end, I didn’t get a scoreboard pop up, which is the only way of leaving the battleground so I had to then exit the game to get out

Fortunately my OBS was set up wrong so it didn’t record my microphone, so you don’t have to hear me complaining the whole time but here is 12 minute video hopefully you can use it to work out what is wrong with the game, I sent a “desync on death” bug report in-game before I recorded this so you’ll have a log from that, and then the scoreboard report at the end so you’ll have the log from that too

00:00 - 00:14 - Connection closed followed by black screen
00:56 - 00:59 - Bow breaks on the 1st shot after finally getting back online
01:05 - 01:14 - Have to change weapon on respawn to fix bow
05:00 - 05:08 - Slow death from bard which breaks bow @ 05:19
05:19 - 05:25 - Bow breaking cause I forgot to switch weapons after death from above^
05:33 - 05:40 - Death + fixing bow
05:54 - 06:00 - Death by Hamm - Breaks bow but I forget to fix right away
06:23 - 06:27 - Put poison arrow on bow and it breaks (sorry I was looking up) but you can see the angle of the bow change when I switch my weapons if you watch carefully
08:53 - 09:05 - death followed by bow breaking on piercing arrow
09:34 - 09:53 - Death followed by remembering to switch
10:43 - 10:45 - Death that breaks bow
10:58 - 11:04 - Bow breaking from the death above, can clearly see the angle change when fired
11:03 - Scoreboard pops up for DaHamm and he leaves - doesn’t pop for me
11:10 - 11:19 - I use stuck combat to get out of combat to fix my bow, I assume that I’m stuck in combat with DaHamm even though he isn’t there anymore, I get put back into combat after switching weapon? :man_shrugging:
11:25 - 12:02 - I notice everyone leaving, I look up and see the score, we won, I realise what is going off and report that I have no scoreboard or way to leave

2 Likes

sounds like you had a fun battlegrounds

I forgot to mention, I’m on index, using the default controller rotation

3 Likes

Not sure why anyone bothers reporting bugs anymore. Seems the devs put all those on the backburner while they continue to add content.

1 Like

Because they do actually look at them and even respond via email if they need more info regarding them. If you don’t report bugs, you’re not helping the problem. At all.

1 Like

I guess I was mistaken, it’s served us well so far. Desyncs are a thing of the past!

Because if we don’t report them then the devs will never know about them

While I agree with you here, their primary focus right now is pushing out new content, they need to do this to pull in more money, I do however hope that once they get the DLC out the door that they focus more on expanding on their current content and on bug fixes, this game has so much potential and there has been so many suggestions to improve the stuff currently in the game which would make it so much better, guess we will just have to wait and see what comes after the DLC

Like Miskha said, they respond when they need more info, and if you don’t report then you shouldn’t ever expect a fix, desyncs aren’t a simple fix otherwise they would have fixed it by now, Riley tried a few times in the past and did improve some of the symptoms but the underlying problem is still there

I believe that they want to open up the dev server for us like how they did the beta clients so we can use the extra tracking on there to track down the issues without disturbing game play on the main server with constant restarts, but that will most likely not come until after the DLC

But honestly, it’s better to report as much stuff as you can with as much details as you can, even if nothing happens, at least you tried, the easy fixes normally happen, the harder to fix stuff doesn’t always pan out the way we hope, but if you don’t try you don’t get

3 Likes

Browsing game forums this is a standard phrase coming with every update, of any game, mindlessly (sorry) copied a thousand times. First, online mmos will always push out new content, regularly. If they don’t, users leave, the community would shrink, not grow and you can’t fund your game anymore. Second, bugfixes are always done parallel, continuously.

Yah sometimes even devs state oooh we are so busy with new content, however, that’s neither a good excuse (my feeling is that is also just stated to match a simple player’s framework of thinking …) nor the whole truth. Many of these re-occuring bugs got nothing to do with focus or time, but with the type of bugs. Desyncs for example can have a bazillion reasons. If not everyone, but only some get a certain bug, if you can’t even reproduce it, it is almost impossible to track down. The least you need to even start bothering about it is many, many reports to find a pattern/similarity between them.
So yah, reports do help, even for bugs which exist months now already.

Other bugs can’t be easily fixed because they require touching code on a deeper level, if you touch this part you need to change this other also, then this etc. and not overlook anything, it’s a chain reaction and you might easily break other things while doing so. It’s sadly not as simple as “oh look a bug, now we only need some time on our hands to eliminate it…”

2 Likes

Just to bring this thread back on track, the bow breaking bug happens outside of battlegrounds too

Can you describe how it’s been happening in the overworld as well? You die and when you respawn it just doesn’t work properly?

That’s correct, the angle will change as soon as you shoot an arrow after you die unless you change weapon and change back, I can record some better footage later to show it more clearly

1 Like

We’ll take a look. Has it happened often to you?

yeah, everytime

Just a quick follow up question, is your bow adjusted in the weapon adjustment settings or do you just use the “default”

I just use the default

Happens for left-handed users that keep bow in right-hand and have modded the weapon adjustment. It’s literally every time I grab for a custom-arrow, it needs to be shot differently. Bummer dudes. :frowning:

We’ll look into it and see what’s going on with that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.