Patch 10.9982- 10/10/19

thnx couldn’t think of any myself. I do dislike those things more then the egg though. Idk just a fan on the chaos and teamwork that it gives instead of being a solo player annoyance.

1 Like

As the tank I did have to deal a lot less with the egg then the average player in the dungeons. But I did have enough experience with it to have my opinion about it. I dealt with it the whole sewer slime boss. I dealth with it when the dps were in trouble handling the egg or too little health. Or when a dps wiped. We also had a few groups where the rotation of egg givers wasn’t 3 dps (But 2 dps and the tank instead). I also dealth the most with it carrying the egg back when wiped.

Our group did not have the mentality of ‘never again’ after dealing with the egg in the two shards that we did. And both those shards took hours. No disgust about the egg at all.

1 Like

Our group has had the egg in everyone’s hands at some point. We try to keep it out of the healers, as he can’t heal with the egg, but sometimes it’s necessary. Overall the egg hasn’t really been too annoying. It drops the dps of whichever class is using it. Our ranger can’t use his arrows, or scoundrels can’t use cards, or shamans play one handed. Our tank does take it from time to time depending on the situation. We actually have quite a bit of fun with the egg, tossing it across the room to eachother in the middle of combat. We’ve done 2 bh 13s and a sewer 11 and 12 successfully in time with the egg. Haven’t been lucky enough to get a crypt yet to try it there.

2 Likes

The thing I actually am more annoyed about on the egg is that there are ways to have only 1 person hold the egg forever. The bard only, or pally only method. Which destroys the whole affix usefulness and forces upon a bard or pally.

The egg overall is just a healer heavy mechanic, you need a good competent healer or you’ll wipe. Can’t really 4 dps high end dungeons anymore, have to stick together and coordinate.

2 Likes

the posion pools at boss 2 in abondon mines needs a better way to see it i have a suggestion like put a effect like boss one in air ship but insted of orbs falling done the stone sclactits fall and show the area posion fall make it easier to stay alive

also the major and minor affects in shard dungeon still affects the boss when in combat with it

3 Likes

Wanted to mention bard projectiles are going through boss one of the mines.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up. We addressed this a few days ago in this thread here: Bard hitbox issue on bosses

Do you know of any other bosses this is an issue for still?

I think the other 3 bosses were fine. Don’t recall having any issues. Ment to respond in there, but couldn’t remember what thread it was in and didn’t want to forget to mention it. :smile:

1 Like

We actually played around with the idea of making a shard mutation make everyone “Giant sized” during the run or doing the opposite and making everyone half their normal size but eventually moved on from it. Maybe well have to circle back around to one of those ideas next time we make some new mutations and see how well it would play out in practice.

The only one that shouldn’t affect the boss out of the new mutations is “Reflective Strikes” the rest should stay active during boss fights.

Also just wanting some general feedback on the “Golden Egg” mutation. We put out the patch that tweaked this some with the different holding times at the end of the week and wanted to see how it was feeling now.

4 Likes

the only thing wrong with golden egg is that it should be switched with reflective strikes. reflective strikes poses no real threat to a veteran group and has much less impact on any group while the egg affects every group and much is much harsher and requires more teamwork throughout the entire dungeon

I feel like the audio, visual and vibration feedback on the egg really made it a lot easier to manage just so we knew when we were going to take damage now without having to activity look at our weapons. As a main healer it is not hard to deal with healing my party while they pass the egg around because of people now knowing that they take damage with it red and buzzing. It does turn into a healer heavy mutation if your party is not passing the egg around but I have only had an issue keeping an eye on rangers if they hold the egg and do not pass it around fast enough. Over all I love having a mutation like this because it is a lot more of a teamwork mechanic. All that said I do believe that having it as a major mutation feels a little off because of having to do something so different from normal combat.

1 Like

but Robert when me and my fellowship members were doing a shard run we had hot foot we had to keep moving to say alive even on boss fight i was tanking it was hard for the healer to heal everyone that had to keep moving to stay alive

Our feedbacks are starting from friday night and the patch was already there I believe. The issues are with the concept & mechanics themselves so the patch doesn’t really helped on this.

On the implementation side, it was still pretty buggy, for example :

• some players seeing the golden egg on the floor staying still while it’s actually in the hand of another player who moved away.
  • the colors are often not coherent (you see it yellow on the floor and when you take it, it’s actually totally red).
  • the grip that takes the golden eggs + other things in the way (like special arrows)
  • and forgot about the others :stuck_out_tongue:

I found hotfoot fine myself. It did challange us at first, but it wasn’t too intrusive and required you to change how you play. I did die a few times as a healer due to getting hyper focused on the tanks health during boss fight, but I got used to it.

Honestly agreed here. It is a bit challenging on a mage as you are a bit cripple in movement when casting but due to the reset only requiring a small flick of the movement stick its honestly not that bad. It can be very challenging at first but considering most classes can just rotate their left movement stick at all times to avoid hotfoot it works just fine and is easy to deal with.

Both tanks, both healers, and almost all of the dps can do exactly what they were doing before just with the added slight movement of the control stick. The only two that could get affected by it are mage and shaman. Mage due to the fact you cannot cast and use locomotion at the same time and shaman as they do their best damage standing still. This is negligible however.

Don’t forget to mention sometimes you will drop the egg for no reason at all even without letting go of grip, the fact that you are able to throw the egg through some dungeon walls such as sewer unless that was fixed, and that certain terrain can mage the egg awful to pick up if accidentally dropped. Crypt in particular if the egg is dropped on lich king can go underneath terrain and be extremely hard to pick up.

Idk where to put this minor report, but for the first Abandoned Mines boss I think there might have been a mistake made on the sounds. Every normal attack has the sound of a tankbuster that every other boss uses. While the tankbuster itself is making no noticable noise.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.