Player House Library Suggestion

I love that we have a library and a buncha books on the shelves. What are the chances we can ever read from them? I think it would be the coolest thing ever if we could read books in there. I would LOVE to see lore details and such from original Orbus (already there, or maybe a way to unlock?) as well as a specific book(s) that detail the lore stuff we have done with NPCs so we can always have a place to go back and see what we have learned about NPCs and the world and such having completed their lore quests.

3 Likes

There will be some lore books there explaining some of the happening of original Orbus (so more of a recap if you played the original game), I had some ideas on dynamically available books that would appear after you did certain lore missions or found them in the overworld but we never had a chance during production to actually get that mechanic in so it’s currently on the list of “wants” but it won’t be in for launch (and possibly ever depending on what direction we go so no promises)

1 Like

I hope this is still on the list. I was just getting on to suggest the books found in the world to be populated in your library. That would be great. If it would be easier, can they be spawnable items that can be taken and placed “on the shelf” aka in a chest in the library or what have you so that they spawn on the shelf similar to the bookshelf with potions? That might be easier to implement? Just thoughts. Would love to see this. Enjoying the lore in the library right now and would love to be able to add to my personal library.

2 Likes

They recently updated this so there are several books now in the player library that can be read from. It’s not entirely obvious (and it works differently from books in the world) but if you grab one off the shelf and rotate it before letting go, it will open up to a title page, and then you can turn it page by page like your journal.

2 Likes

Yep I liked that a lot. That’s actually what gave me the idea of the ones you find int he world being able to be placed there. I think that’d be awesome because depending on if you go search them out and find them, that would depend on how big and vast your personal library was! I hope that’s something that happens.

Wish any book you found would get placed there. .

1 Like

Is this possibly still a thing ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.