PvP balance - Current status

Paladin is currently terrible post nerf in pvp, squishy as all hell in PvP,

Desperately needs 25% DR buff restored and generate PIP every 10-15% health loss.

Please devs, realize that this class was way over nerfed, perhaps in future consider small changes and see how it affects the game?

-Invincible

1 Like

I’m amazed by the statement “No big issues with the class mentioned in PvP right now.” about the Ranger O_O
It is super weak (you can’t stay at range forever) and the damages are ridiculous compared to other ranged dps classes.

Even more ridiculous knowing that you actually have to severely move your body in real life compared to other classes (except warrior maybe, but they don’t really have to aim while moving their arms rapidly)

To summarize, regarding the actual workout (while having to aim) needed to do damages with an archer, hitting the target should be rewarded by real heavy damages (and I didn’t even spoke about the fact that guys using teleport+slide can dodge easily)

I play a lot of warrior and mage in pvp. The mage part is spot on. The warrior part, well, I feel like it take some getting use to. The only viable way for a warrior to be efficient in pvp is to flank the enemy, learn how to wound combo in sections. Whenever I get a good flank on the enemy team, everyone always die in 2 or 3 hits with a charged combo. Unless you’re a paladin. warriors don’t have to really do combos constantly due to the charge ability. If there’s an enemy on the battle field that isn’t paying attention, warriors will dash to that person and get a combo off then just have to wait for a charge to do somewhat ok burst damage. They also has fairly ok maneuverability with the sword dash.

Then again, if you have anyone sneaking up for a flank, it’ll be the same story. It’s just more beneficial for warriors.

I would change the warrior states a bit. Self healing is almost none existent. You can’t really spam provoke in pvp and the charged provoke combo doesn’t heal you enough the counter the fact that it doesn’t do that much damage at all, so no one ever uses provoke.

Burst damage, I would give it a 6 or 7. a charged wound with a small shield can easily take down any DPS classes in 2 hits or less.

2 Likes

From a warrior perspective, I notice you can kind of cheese dodge in PVP. If you have a Large enough play space, and you use snap turn, you can basically sit on the edge of your play space and whenever you have any melee classes coming at you, all you have to do is snap turn and the melee classes will never catch you because your turning pivot is at the center of your play space… it is quite annoying.

1 Like

I have reporter the roomscale turning problem. It also makes player hitboxes verry buggy. You can can make it quite extream as well.

I saw a few people using this and it has been reported… I think they are trying to figure out a solution to it but I don’t know as I am sure Riley&team are busy with a ton of issues right now.

I think that is actually justified given your explanation… But before I do that… How easy is it for you to get a charged wound prepared? If it is not as easy as lets say… A paladin’s burst damage, then a 6-7 is still hard to justify… but maybe a boost to let’s say, 5?

The work out can be categorized as ‘Quickest to learn’ which we gave as a rating of 3/10 i believe. It is not an easy class to play with in PvP and takes a lot of aiming practice for sure.

You are right that you cannot stay at a distance forever… however… from the experienced discussed when we created this, we could see that most of the time rangers had a significant advantage at ‘ranged’ meaning that the general play style is to stay at ranged so that you do not get messed up… Comparing that to Scoundrel burst damage where distance isn’t such an issue… Scoundrel is marked as 10 (becoming the ceiling for actual usable burst) where ranger sticks at a 9 as a charged piercing poison can pretty much decimate a player if you are properly practiced… But I get your concern, hence the ‘Quickest to learn’ value being a 3/10 (also an equally as important factor in all this we believe).

So instead of the currently written defense rating (which is currently marked at 9/10). What does it currently feel like? I am interested from the perspective of other paladins too.

It’s pretty much based on your skill level. For someone who plays a lot of warrior in pvp, like me, pretty easy. Basically if someone takes more than 0.5 seconds to do a full wound combo, they will have to catch someone by surprise in order to get a combo off. It’s like saying how fast can you cast fireball over and over again. Everyone has different skill level for how fast they can cast spells just like how fast they can do warrior combos.

No one ever plays warrior in pvp because there aren’t many players know how warriors do pvp fights. They all just joins in and expect to combo like pve because you don’t really need to combo fast in pve. Then they die, then they switch to one of the DPS classes.

R. I. P. the art of warrior pvp. :cry:

How interesting… So basically the bulk of the damage is only possible if you are a very very very well trained warrior… Unlike the suggestion that it is an intermediate class to play in PvE, for PvP it is more like an expert class to play. So the quickest to learn rating would still be a 1… But then do you agree that I should put up the burst damage value to 5,6,7? which value would you recommend. I can imagine based on what you said that a warrior would be able to match a paladin in burst damage if they are extremely well trained hence a 7 might be appropriate but considering the current state of things (pivot cheesing and time it takes for you to get to a player) I feel that burst damage would feel a little hard to pull off. Maybe if you jump on discord and we sign up for PvP later we can confirm this and make a suitable rating change on the graph above?

That sound’s like fun. I would love to help to put your analysis together. I will hop on sometimes tonight. Paladins and I have a love hate relationship. If a paladin and I stand toe to toe without movements, it’ll be pretty much depends on how fast can the Paladin reach for his or her book. But paladin is pretty much the only class that won’t run away from my combos.

unless they are using the ‘corner-of-my-room’ trick to spin around you i guess.

1 Like

I really hope the dev team actually plays the battlegrounds before making changes instead of just looking here, because some of this is well… interesting

1 Like

Okay so What do you disagree with? Why do you disagree with it and what would you do to resolve it?

I think just saying ‘i dont agree’ is not constructive really… devs also playing by themselves and disregarding anything here is likely to be unliked by the masses too. This thread isnt ‘J’s opinion’ it is a discussion and analysis done between a few different players who have mains of all different classes… I opened it up to this thread so we can constructively discuss what does and does not work… If you do not want to constructively contribute then do not reply.

1 Like

Well… he is not wrong J. Manny of the comments and theories are from people not playing the classes. Actually trying them in pvp battle, even breafly, would show of the biggest problems.

Like mage and scoundrel beeing the most played classes, and warier shaman beeing the least used.

And how armor feels like paper and hp your drains like a tipped glass.

And how spells are undodgeable and never where they are shown to be.

Presently, I think a 5-6 range? There isn’t really any defense most of the time. Just the added vitality of the tank class that probably makes it feel like there is.

I agree that the dev team play testing would be of great benefit. That is a constructive comment for sure. Sorry I misunderstood @Kamina

1 Like

Yeah, this is just not true. Paladins still have an insane amount of health, damage, mobility, heals, etc. If anything paladin still needs a damage/healing nerf

1 Like

I have the same thing happening to me with ranger. I dodge the arrow while it is in the air and it still hits me despite my efforts. This is a real pain in the neck when I clearly dodge the arrow by a couple feet and I still get hit with a charged pierce arrow.

Let’s agree to disagree.

1 Like