Quick Update on Sprint Four and Shard Dungeon Mutations

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post a quick update in general for the community about where we are right now with Shard Dungeons and the Roadmap for the next few weeks.

First off, we will be pushing Sprint Four back to April 16th. Right now the only officially announced part of Sprint Four is the new pet breeding system; the reason we are pushing it back a little is because we will be releasing more including:

• A portal system which allows you to portal between the various Portal Rune pillars in the game at the cost of a reagant
  • A gear upgrade system which allows you to use a combination of previous gear and shards to re-roll affixes and increase the secondary stats of your newly-acquired gear.
  • New versions of the Techno and Spiro gear based on our redesign sketches
  • The beginning of our introduction of new sound design by Jesse, our Sound Designer.

We know that these quality of life fixes are very much in demand in the community, and so we wanted to give you a concrete date on when that will be going live.

In addition to that, I wanted to discuss the current state of the difficulty of Shard Dungeons. It’s pretty clear right now that there are some fights at the higher tiers that need to be retuned, especially with the second Major Affix of Last Stand kicking in so much extra damage. So we’ll be making the following changes:

• The “Aggressive” Minor affix seems really overpowered compared to the others, so it has been removed effective immediately. Existing shards with the Aggressive affix on them will act as though they have the Mobile affix, and new shards will not drop with that affix on it anymore.
  • Beginning this evening at 8 PM CST, the Major Mutations will change (more on that below).
  • Over the next week we will be re-examining some of the individual boss fights and making changes to their base mechanics so that they scale better with the Shard Dungeon difficulty curve.

This weeks’ major mutations will be:

Vindictive: When an enemy dies, it gives a buff to nearby allies increasing Damage and Health by 10% (stacks up to 5 times).

Spores: When an enemy is engaged in combat, it will randomly spawn an exploding mushroom nearby which must be killed quickly, or risk exploding in a large area, poisoning nearby players.

We decided to stick with Vindictive since everyone probably has strategies built around that from the previous week, and go with another mutation that is more mechanically-focused rather than just stacking on more damage.

Thanks!

11 Likes

Sweet updates! That said I really don’t think there is a need to change spiro armor, as what I have seen so far looks amazing
That said if u do continue with he change, will the dyes on the armor be lost, because I have already used a fair bit of high end dyes on them
Thanks!

Dyes will not be lost, no. Literally you’ll just launch the game and it will be the new models.

5 Likes

Is it just one at the engage or does it turn every fight in the Tradu Forest’s Shroom boss fight?

Is it just one spore that spawns at the beginning of the fight or does one spawn over every x amount of time during battle?

Look at you twinsies! (In fairness, I’d also like to know the answer to this question)

Also, as a bonus question! Will we be able to reroll our legendary affixes using glimmering shards?

Randomly spawning through the battle. Does not apply to bosses or boss minions, though.

Yes, Effervescent ones though.

Damn, that was what I was afraid of. Thanks!

is there ever going to be a way to combine shards, so if u put together 10 glimmering u get 1 everscent?(rip spelling, but atleast they smell good, hopefully) and the same for minor and major shards going up

1 Like

We are definitely considering that, yeah.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all the hard work your team is doing and the transparency on the development roadmap has me excited for months!

Are we going to get more info on the pet system soon? I’m very much looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

will there be more story quest or side quest it was lots of fun

In one of the next sprints they will complete act three content. So yeah :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah just grinding on mod with out goal is not much fun for me

Leveling and practicing was enough of a goal for me while grinding. But I guess this is a matter of opinion.

forgot to report this yesterday, but the Spiro ranger gloves are missing a inventory icon, and the only way i am able to see it is the armor rating in the corner
thanks!

Thanks! That’s definitely our goal :slight_smile:

We don’t have a firm date for a blog post to announce just yet, but we usually try to write details for people to get hyped about at least a few days in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We’ll check it out and are tracking the issue.

will aggressive be patched with last stand? It didn’t act like mobile in our last run

1 Like