Reborn Patch 10.90

Have hit rank 5 5 times, got one cape

I question thatā€¦ Did you do most leveling solo @Kamina?

Yeah, but Iā€™d figure a rank 5 chest would have more than a single reagent in it. Twice. Very disappointing >:(

So the way it works currently there are no ā€œguaranteedā€ drops from the deviceā€™s loot table. You get a chance at the loot table each time it levels up, and your chances are ā€œbetterā€ at higher levels. That does mean you could get a good drop at Level 2 and nothing at Level 5. Maybe we should consider some kind of guaranteed drop like a token at Level 5 or something where if you level it up to Level 5 like 10 times you get something special?

That said, the XP you get at Level 5 is always much better than Level 1, and of course the other items you get (e.g. reagents, or ingredients) are 100% driven by the monsters you kill to level up the deviceā€¦so itā€™s up to you I guess whether you want to farm monsters that have stuff you donā€™t actually want to get, or if you want to spend time farming mobs that have more useful drops (I think either way is valid, Iā€™m just saying, thatā€™s something you control).

I havenā€™t really heard anyone talking about the XP reward, what is the general consensus on that?

1 Like

i think i got 2 overlevels from getting to 5 5 times

I donā€™t think most people have noticed that there is an XP reward, I know I sure didnā€™t but then I wasnā€™t really looking for one.

did it about 50/50, some levels are faster solo than in a group butsome, especially 5, is better in a small group

We arenā€™t noticing any clear inidication of getting xp. I know it is there but should there be a pop-up to show you get it?

yeah, itā€™s up to us until we get to level 4 and start working on level 5, there is only one area in the game with level 30+ mobs and they all drop the same stuff.

2 Likes

Edit: sorry the comparison (i did in the past with 12x 4 to 5) between the 1 to 4 lvls to the 4 to 5 was all the same lvl 30 and 31 mobs. So also the lvl 1 through 4 with the higher mobs where used. That is why I am still suspisious the 4 to 5 gives a lower chance on loot.

Ah, thatā€™s good to know. Thanks! The mobs we were killing definitely have a small drop table so that is probably a big part of it. Guess it will take more testing to find the sweet spot

The XP reward is currently:

Level 1: 1500XP
Level 2: 3000XP
Level 3: 4500 XP
Level 4: 6000 XP
Level 5: 7500 XP

2 Likes

Will check the xp when I can.

I think get 1 token at lv 5 should be a good idea, but then the items should cost not like 5tokens or so, they should be expensive otherwise itā€™s nothing special anymore when you get something by luck

Edit:
Or just add special items, different from the lucky drop table, in that token shop, so everyone gets rewarded with tokens and the lucky drop is still a thing

2 Likes

the problem with tokens is bored players will have about 1000 of them and all applicable rewards in no time because itā€™s better to just wait for queue pops doing that in an instant respawn monster spot, if you do i that way the ā€˜something specialā€™ you can vendor would have to be a useful sink, or the tokens at least vendorā€™d for cashā€¦

I leveled it to 5 twice just goofing around, I didnā€™t feel a sense of ā€˜omg I wasted all that time and didnā€™t get a raid dropā€™ or anythingā€¦ itā€™s clearly a time killer at 30 and an xp boost for lower levels, no?

Yesterday, when I was in a group of roughly 3 to 5 people killing mobs as soon as they would spawn (as we were killing them faster than they were spawning) for roughly 2 - 3 hours. I got from lvl 27 to 28 on my musketeer and levelled the GRIND device from 1 to 5 twice.

I know it was almost exactly 1 full lvl worth as i had just got 27 from dailies in Highsteppe before going to GRIND.
In comparison to doing daily missions itā€™s slow and compared to public events I think its slower (? I havenā€™t ran out of normal missions yet so havenā€™t needed to go public event hopping so someone else probably knows better how quick that is for XP).

I donā€™t mind grinding but if I want XP I donā€™t think this is what would be quickest or easiest so only if I want transmogs or loot would this be preferred.

1 Like

public events are faster still seeing as you can normally do 2-4 per rotation with a group that knows what to do

1 Like

Definitely way, way slower than public events - I see this more as a bonus reward if youā€™re already killing mobs in the hopes of getting the legendary stuff to drop.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, would be nice to either be able to kill pink triangles for level 5 or for there to be more red star mobs around the world though so we have more varied drops for both solo players and grouped players

1 Like

Thinking about it, can you throw the GRIND device down when the public events are happening and get some XP into it? 2 birds 1 stone kinda thing.

To get lvl 3+ might be a struggle/ not really do-able but at lower levels it might be viable.