Reborn Patch 10.90

Ermegerd! The kitty shoulder is so sweet! Grats!

Did you happen to get the patch earlier today and then the patch just now? If so was the bar bug happening on the earlier patch?

Okay I see what happened, somehow the build got made on the wrong branch for Quest. Geez. Hang on fixing it now.

it was cool seeing mounts lol, voice didnā€™t seem to work at all

Edit 4: Reread all the notes.

Musky changes are nice :slight_smile:

Such cute omg

Rangerā€™s DPS is more RNG based than other DPS classes because about half of our damage comes from 1 large hit. The crit rate of that hit has a great impact on how much damage we do during a fight. I probably do 15-20 charged piercing shots during a high level shard dungeon boss fight. My DPS will swing dramatically if I get 3/20 crits vs 12/20 crits. Also Iā€™m running bleed, which leads to huge DPS swings. If one of those charged piercing crits happens to get a bleed I can get 500k extra damage or more. Over the course of about 300 mid to high level shard dungeon boss fights I have broken the 40k DPS mark about 8-10 times and I have hit 46k twice. These cases were all due to great luck and huge bleeds. My average as I said is about 35k. The changes released today will give me about a 14% damage increase so I should be able to average about 40k now. Cam and J are doing about 50k

I know you are a great player but with all the experience and skill I have with ranger Iā€™m willing to bet Iā€™m closer to the maximum potential of my class than you are with yours having only played it for a month or so.

I have as much time/skill with ranger as these mages do with their class, have I not earned the ability to do 50k stable?

1 Like

no because thereā€™s no shortcuts for your bow :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="Riley_D, post:51, topic:16056, full:true"]

I didnā€™t include it in the patch notes (although probably should have), but Tank Buster attacks (including the ones in the new Raid) were balanced around this change as well as the Paladinā€™s new move and now have longer time periods between attacks.

This change was more about boss mechanics such as tank busters and tank swap mechanics, not about healers (the amount of guaranteed raid-wide damage in the Raid will contribute more to them being required).

But yeah if it makes some pulls impossible now let us know and we can look into addressing that. Itā€™s not our intent to make anything impossible, but it is our intent to try and balance the Paladin and Warriorā€™s ability to tank some of the mechanics in the Raid which is what drove that change the most.
[/quote]

I think the 2 classes shouldnā€™t be made to do the same thing just because their play styles are so different. I think that the paladins should have more of a strong utility role in a party. For example, the tanks should just be tanks. Taking the agro. The paladins should be a support tank. Enough to draw all the argos from boss adds (minions). They should also give strong buffs and debuffs to the party and enemies prospectively. Because you still have the traditional warrior in the team, having a paladin buffing and debuffing makes up the fact that you are one DPS short. This could give some unique mechanics that where you need a paladin in the party in order to kill fast enough or to just survive.

ok, first off loving the grinding machine , however I think a visual of when it is actively absorbing soul stuff (essance) is in order.

Have the pot glow purple like the scoundrel charge every time it is adding to the pot.

I spent longer than I care to admit killing not applicable mobs in wasteland due to not knowing they were not counting. <3

edit: The only red mobs @lvl30 I can find are the shield guys in wastelands and there are only 3 of them and there is no way I will be able to solo them. I dont want to have to swap to an alt at low levels to complete level 5 of this machine.

2 Likes

There should be some pistolers and knife guys too as red mobs. Unless they all are murdred already so then you have no other choice. Start being inventful with killing.

1 Like

Can we also have an indication for the GRINDER how many times you leveled past lvl 5? Would be a reallly cool adddition and a continues reward system instead of a full reset which feels meeh.

Really love the GRINDER btw :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I noticed as a ranger the GRINDING tool doesnā€™t respawn on your belt, I did a little messing around and it only happens if you pull your bow out before it has respawned on your belt, if you donā€™t get your bow out after you throw it down and wait it will respawn fine, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s something to do with the tools on your belt getting hidden when you get your bow out

Temp fix for anyone else with this issue is just switch it to the other slot on your belt or unequip and reequip

U can also just throw it even though its not there, worked for most of the time

1 Like

We are still working on polishing the machine further and will add more visuals to help with this, as well as a visual way to know where your at in relation to completing the ā€œlevelā€

3 Likes

More feedback for the grinder, right now once you get to level 5 there isnā€™t a whole lot of options on what you can kill, you have to go to red stars, pink stars donā€™t work, so it can be quite annoying to solo grind, especially as a class that canā€™t heal or slow, if we canā€™t kill pink triangles can you add so more mobs that are red stars around other zones too, wastelands doesnā€™t have any different spots, there is like 1 good spot for solo and 1 good spot for groups

5 Likes

Ya we need different spots with red mobs mehhh

2 Likes

it would be nice the grinding tool have a nuber or indicator how many left to get rank 5

Yeah I hit level 5 on the grinder twice and got a single reagent as a chest reward each time. The other levels also only gave a couple reagents and the occasional lime dye. Was not worth the effort.

The highsteppe farm location for levels 1-4 did give more items occasionally, but it was always junk :frowning:

I sounds like itā€™s supposed to be a bit more of a journey to get the unique drops, so youā€™ll be getting the same junk as usual until you donā€™t.