Runemage questions

Is it true that mana shield on the runemage does nothing? I started playing as the runemage recently and how a lvl 30 come up to me and said it did nothing so I’m a little confused on that.

Also when I frost bolt an enemy it doesn’t really “seem” like they’ve slowed down any? I feel like it should slow them down way more then it does. It would also be nice if we had some sort of cc that allowed us to freeze them or something to get a way to cast another spell. I keep dying because I can’t cast my spells fast enough.

Manashield protects a player reducing their damage intake by a low percentage. So most of the times it is not that useful. So you need to cast it on a player like yourself. About 3% damage reduction casting it on a mage (different for every class type).

Yes it does slow an enemy moving towards you. Not how fast they attack. Frostbolt 1 doesn’t slow alot. Frostbolt lvl 2 and 3 alot more.

That is how runemage is designed. You need alot of practice to do the class well enough to not die. That is why there is the “(Advanced)” tag to it when selecting the class. You can also party up with another player to make fighting easier.

yeah that’s all i’ve been doing for the past 2 hours was practicing my spells. Affliction 2 is a pain. I can get affliction 1 no problem but 2 gives me to much trouble to use. So far I use frostbolt 2, affliction, ice lance, and constant fireball 2 till they die lol. I’m getting better. :slight_smile:

affliction 2, fireball 2 and frost 2 are the main ones you are going to want to get down

as well as decurse but that ones super easy

frost 3 has potential use

For good slow effects, you’ll want Frost 3. In my opinion, it’s not worth trying to learn at the start. Get your Frost 2, Fire 2, and Affliction 2 down to second nature, THEN worry about Frost 3 after you’re comfortable murdering anything that moves.

Honestly though, once you get to that point, Frost 3 only becomes relevant if you need to slow a boss in shards or raids.

Affliction 2

(Would recommend the first one over the other two)

Ice Lance

(would recommend the second one if that isn’t what you are doing already)

Fireball 2

(Delceri’s video explaining the fastest way to cast fireball 2. This is what you want to get good at.)

Frost 2

(Probably want to practice doing the first one but backwards. I guess you could also do it the normal way though. Second best choice would be the one that looks like a “P”)

Was having a slow casting day several months back and I thought I would do something a little slower pace and make a tutorial. It’s not really anything special, but I think there are some things to take away from it. I accidentally left out some things like the “D” fireball 2 and some other things that are listed in the description (timestamps as well)

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to cast frost 3 once yet. No idea what I’m doing wrong.

If you can get video, we’d be able to help you easier. Few things that may help:
Make the 3D line as long as the vertical line is tall
Mess with the angle of the 3D like. It can be flat, not diagonal. But change how it is in relation to perpendicular with you.

Manashield was sometimes used to help in dunegeons back in the day. It would shield the tank for a short period and help it get through AOE’s.
I am not aware of this being useful now days but other elder players might differ in opinion…

(Answering the latest thread) The best way to cast is to hold your arm straight forward, stiff as ever. This will draw you a 2d drawing within the 3d environment and trigger the spell…

Yeah I hold my arm straight out. My arm eventually starts hurting because of it lol. Well shouldn’t they update mana shield then? Make it actually useful. I noticed when I cast it on myself it doesn’t seem like it does anything and it doesn’t last long.

LOL… I hear you, I used to be a runemage, cause it was cool but overtime, I gave up as there is not enough reward for all the hard work.
Plus, my pc, would freeze and stuff, amplifying the problem (perhaps it was oculus, but who know’s since it crashes all the time still and no other game does, so that points to orbus)
Ged used to the bugs in orbus cause they are as normal as changing your underware! I think this is because the dev’s don’t really play the game!

The devs have their own server they use. They jump to the players one occasionally, but mostly rely on us to report bugs. They then try to replicate them under test conditions so they can figure out the cause and fix it.

Watch that video I provided for information on a lot of the tips and tricks for spells you are having trouble on. Timestamps are in the description if you only need to see one spell.

2 Likes

Either

some bugs only show up in the real world or they just dont’ care about what shows up in the test env.
Perhaps I should test that theory. What does orbus think about me, launching the game one day and documenting all the bugs that I see?
For a start, I wouldn’t be playing long. and for a second start, I wouldn’t be playing any longer since all bugs seem to be fixed by relog/restart of orbus. What I am saying is that bugs show up at every inch, centimeter or corner of the game. Perhaps, a better code development framework needs to be in place…

So far the only two bugs I’ve seen are when you play as a runemage sometimes your you can’t draw anything and I’m forced to put my weapon up and get it back out for it to start working. The other one was when I was playing shaman the totems would sometimes not spawn the spell so i’d have to re drop the totems.

I did. Thank you for the suggestion. It helped out a lot.

1 Like

ehm, no. the dev server is probably identical to the regular server with the exception of regular players and some dev tools probably. Any bug that can happen on the regular server can probably also happen on the dev server.

It’s not that they don’t care about the bugs you keep seeing, but they’re either struggling to find the cause, struggling to recreate it in order to find the cause, focusing on other more important bugs(like desyncs and crashes) or they simply don’t know about it.

this is very off-topic tho, so if you want to discuss it more make a separate thread about it.

5 Likes

frost bolt + ice lance makes the ice lance do a lot more damage

But you won’t be using that endgame as you would do more damage spamming the better spells