Scoundrel accidental super trigger by charge + burn

As a Scoundrel if you are: Charging your next bullet AND burning a card, you will trigger your super on accident. This happens all the time for me. It is very normal to want to charge with 1 hand and separately deal with your card in the other hand.

3 Likes

yup since beta, I’d try to use it in between fights so it doesn’t accidentally force you to mis-target when it counts.

i dont like

the quick fix is don’t charge shot and card but it may be an idea to have the scoundrel duble tap both triggers, its not a big deal out of the suppers scoundrels is a hindrance not a help it makes rank shots harder to hit and can launch rounds of away from the enamy. the supper need a change or two to make it use full, like make it have a increased ammo capacity and refill the mag or give it a buff

Would it be a detriment to the class if the card burn button was changed? EX: Grab card and hold for 1.5 - 2 sec to burn.

Ya that would reduce dps (a bit) and slow down flow and be annoying. And ppl who have to think about the action when holding a card for 2+ seconds will be annoyed.

2 Likes

the super is bad anyway… it makes curved shots impossible. it should just be a flat dps increase.

you mean the curved shots that were double emphasized in recent patches to be a more important/required part of DPS with a 25% based damage nerf? :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, the super is garbage for most play. I couldn’t really think of any place to consider using it other than maybe a battleground assuming you can come into a battle ground with it charged and get a few free (non charged) shots in (it takes a very long time to charge) or maybe shooting seeds or something during a boss phase if you could control what it targetted.

Scoundrels basically have no super, it is as it is, people avoid triggering it like hell since it’s rather a debuff than anything.

I mean to be fair, rangers don’t really have an ult either. Triplicity probably does more dps than the ranger ult and it isnt even an ult.

I hope you not serious?.. Ranger ult is insane… A very strong dps increase in comparison to other ults.

Also IF scoundrel super hits the right target it actually does increased damage, but the ult is very short and your bullets are very limited so it is an okay dps increase but not great. But ya it doesn’t hitcthe right target and triggering it on the wrong moment also doesn’t help.

1 Like

i guess my point was that all the ‘ults’ dont really ‘feel like’ ‘ults’. when you think of an ‘ult’ you think of massive aoe/single target damage with super flashy effects… none of them really seem like they fit the bill.

for a scoundrel, i would say a good ult would be ‘bullet storm’… and for a ranger, i would say the ult should be something like a super gigantic magic arrow that shoots through targets. mage would be like a meteor falling from the sky, etc.

on the side note though, ranger ult does do some nice dps increase… i think it is like 300% or something damage ? it is only up for a rotation and a half though, and takes 200ish shots to fill (i often kill bosses, sometimes even entire dungeons without charging it). triplicity is also a pretty hefty damage increase, but it can be used multiple times in a single fight (and it isnt even an ult).

Triplicity is about a 50% damage increase to fire/frost, but it also doesn’t amplify afflictions (a large part of mage dps). It also costs two 0 damage spell casts to activate.

Warrior ult feels like an ult and is a great ult.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.