Set of potions missing from shards 7-9? [Edit: Suggestion to add 1-2 more drops]

Since 2 or 3 days noone in our group got our potion set from shards 7-9; we often do 4 runs to get one potion from 1-3, one set from 4-6, one from 7-9 and then another one from 10+ - did anything change with that?

First we thought it’s a coincidence or we did not pay attention but today it happened again, for everyone in the party, not getting potions from our very first shard 7.

pretty sure it’s 1-3, 4-6, 7-14 and then an extra set only at 15

2 Likes

Hmmm actually so far I thought they simply took over the OG ranges (there an additional set dropped at 10), plus one more set for the +5 gear shards (13+)? However, we are not doing 15s that week, that’s perhaps why everyone is expecting the drop from the 10.

A clarification/confirmation from devs would be nice, however, and yah one and the same potion drop from 7-14, that’s not a real incentive for groups to do shards across this levelrange (“potion runs”) :frowning:

there was never an additional set at t10 in OG, it was 1 at 1-3, 2 at 4-6 and 3 at 7-10. it was first when the shard cap was increased that we got the 4x set and from my memory it only drops at t15

edit: just found the patch notes from when they were added originally

Shard Dungeon Bonus Rewards

You are now eligible to receive bonus rewards when running shard dungeons daily. The bonus rewards are grouped into three tiers.

Tier 1: Shards Level 1-3, 1 reward
Tier 2: Shards Level 4-6, 2 rewards
Tier 3: Shards level 7-10, 3 rewards

1 Like

Hm well i don’t remember that correctly then, likely [Edit: lol also searched for patchnotes and found them, then saw they were already in your edit :wink: ]

However then this turns into a suggestion and this current range is very odd, if it’s 7-14 now, across 7 shards instead of 3, they could really throw a potion set in at +4 gear level.

I think we’re already almost getting too many potions from shards to the point where I barely even need to make potions. so I don’t think an additional set of potions would be a good idea, but rather spreading out the current rewards a bit more.

I personally think the 4x set should be removed and the rest should be distributed evenly:
1-5 - 1x
6-10 - 2x
11-15 - 3x

but if you don’t want the 4x set removed then just redistribute it somewhat evenly:
1-4 - 1x
5-8 - 2x
9-12 - 3x
13-15 - 4x

2 Likes

The thing is, many people are only farming legendaries now, there is no point in doing lower dungeons except you gear up new players or fall down from there.

The potion runs are a little incentive to do this content, still (or go with lower groups), in the OG this kept some people motivated to do shards, at all; so yah i’d vote for more spreading, however, why not just match the gear level so people can remember what is what:

1-3 1x
4-6 2x
7-9 3x
10-12 4x
13-15 5x

oops there is one more in? Well the more the merrier… no one likely goes for all five daily (we mostly play 2h, 4 shards), so we wouldn’t be flooded.

I don’t think there should be added more potions, but maybe add some other rewards instead like

1-3, 1x potion
4-6, 1x glimmering shard
7-9, 2x potion
10-12, 2x glimmering shard(with a small chance of an effervecent shard)
13-15, 3x potions.

1 Like

Hm shard rewards would be a nice idea, why not, however, these are not really an additional incentive to farm since you already get them from random gear drops, on every shard. If I wanna farm shards I do as low as possible, 5 or 6 the amount in the time one single 12 would take.

The point is, for a 10-15 most groups do use potions, a full set is 5 by now, so you don’t even get back what you were using, not with any of your models and barely with mine; also those 3 who drop easily end up being useless for your class…

So I still think potion rewards would be best, and more of them.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.