Shaman, Totems should spawn Orbs immediately and a rework idea

As the Title says, I think it would help the shaman a lot if the Orbs spawned the moment the totems hit the ground, and the 2 pulse totems should also start to deal instant damage.

Now to the rework idea, I think it would be really cool if we could activate the totems on our belt so they move with us which would make sense because in the current meta the lack of moveability really hurts the shaman, maybe make it a talent with some sort of DPS reduction.

That’s all folks

1 Like

They should def insta spawn on totem place on new spot when they weren’t on a cooldown before. If on a cooldown I don’t think you want a Shaman to constantly encourage placing the totems as fast as possible when the orbs are just on cooldown. But ya really annoying they not insta spawning when not on cooldown.

2 Likes

I think instead it should continue whatever cooldown was left on the previous totems

so if the orb had already spawned it would be there instantly on the new totems when placed, but if say 1 second was left on the cooldown when new totems are placed then that 1 second cooldown would be carried over to the new totems.
this way orb generation is always constant.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I had in mind.

I made this suggestion in the other thread as well. This would be a great change.

That would be a dps decrease. Class barely works, doesn’t need nerfs

Explain why? I have a thought why but I want to hear why you think it is decreasing dps?

That wouldn’t be a decrease, It would actually remove a lot of the time from all of your cooldowns, so it would be a DPS increase if anything

You drop totems right after you throw orbs and there’s minimal downtime on the orbs essentially every 3rd throw is a double set throw. If the orb is on a set universal cooldown then its a dps decrease because you can’t force orbs to spawn early.

1 Like

Ya I figured you meant that. This is true a bit on the longer fights like stationary boss fights. But when you have to move to a new location you want to instantly throw your orbs again when placed. And you weren’t making use of that cooldown time while moving. I guess making it:

• a global refresh counter
  • where replacing the totems will also make any longer then X seconds cooldown cut down to what it is currently.

Now you can still use your cooldown trick and also have solution for orbs spawning faster/instantaniously when not doing anything with your orbs before.

2 Likes

I posted awhile ago with a wack load of new ideas for the shaman. Including the orbs spawning on the belt to make the class more mobile. Check it out: Some Shaman Ideas I have

I’m not really a fan of the idea of having orbs on belt. However after giving it some thoughts I think it could work and be fun IF Shamans still had other totems ((utility: Frost, root, shield, heal, resurrect (out of combat), speed buff, damage/crit/some other buff, etc)) that they could play around. I like the totem mechanic/idea for shamans.

While the shaman class is arguably the easiest to play mechanics wise, it takes quite a bit of game knowledge for timing of when to set totems and where to be positioned and I really like that aspect. I’ve seen people say shaman is useless on certain fights like Slime boss and that musketeers out damage them. This, I think, is a case of an unknowledgeable shaman not knowing the timing of the fight and is one of my favorites in the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.