Shard vendor idea

Well it should be noted that the supplies the old players have from OG orbus are limited. They will run out eventually then you will be on the same ground as the new players, using the same supply income that they have.

You just get a small boost to begin with.
I hardly played OG orbus, (due to issues with getting my vive repaired and uni)
So most of my playtime has come from Reborn. Honestly i have plenty of blue and green shards. Haven’t really been playing content for Purple shards though (don’t have a group and play at australian times when the pop seems low :c). But i can say there is definitely enough Blue and Green Shards available for re-rolling that gear (i’ve sold 4 stacks of greens and still have another 6 left).

Now all that does say I don’t know how many purples you accumulate. But atleast the first half of the system seems fine or excessive to me.

And the complaint that OG players has an advantage is only temporary those supplies will run out. The point of this shouldn’t be we should add this feature so new players can be on equal terms with old players. It should be more of a What is the income of shards currently like and how should that be adjusted or fundamentally changed.

Purples have 2 affixes so it can be a lot harder to get the 2 that you want as you may get one of them with something really bad that you dont want for the class you’re playing, I used a stack and a half rerolling 4 level 30+4 items because I got unlucky, with glimmering shards being as hard to get as they currently are, there is no way a new player will be able to do this

4 Likes

That is fair. That is also min-maxing. The players wanting perfect stats on their gear, and expect to achieve that are the ones who should be running the content constantly. Now you have a fair point that the amount of shards they get from running that content constantly may not be enough, I still personally feel like the better solution there is to increase the purple drop rate a bit (probably not drastically) rather than allowing lower level shards to be exchanged.

That’s not so bad actually. I used to reroll greens and often needed 30+ minor shards for the one affix I wanted. Not a certain combination of two, which is harder, just ONE (xp) and it did not roll, shard after shard after shard; I counted them, 30+ is not seldom needed; weapons, if not legendary, are a bit easier I believe, but the number of bonus-combinations on the rest of gear is so high that a shower of purples would likely not be enough to adjust them to the desired combinations, ever.

Not to knock your “hard work” argument, but I think there’s room for an even easier method of getting affixes. It would be nice to be able to create an “affix shard” that could give a weapon or armor a particular affix. Perhaps, it could require trading in 2+ rare+ items with that affix at an NPC.

Bumping this suggestion because I believe this will help with both the economy and end-game content for those newer to the game and those that didn’t come into reborn with stacks of shards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.