Since the patch dropped, I can't see my character when I log in!

Howdy!

A message appears in the top right of my screen saying that “We were unable to successfully authenticate your store account with our game servers. Please try closing and re-opening the program.”. I’ve tried restarting my pc and restarting the program a few times. This has only ever happened to me after the patch. I’m going to try and re-install the game.
-Edit-
Yes that is the case, thanks for the quick response!

-Second Edit-

Ok so I tried re-installing the game and I got nowhere. I wonder what the problem could be.

-Third Edit because I cannot reply-

Email sent! Thanks!

Just checking to make sure if you bought the game on steam and are using an oculus rift that steam is open (but you do not have to have SteamVR open)

1 Like

Yep that’s the situation.

If you go to:

(SteamLibrary)/steamapps/common/OrbusVR/vrclient_Data/output_log.txt

And send that file to me at [email protected] I will take a look.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, although I’m on a Vive through Steam.

Their issue was being caused by this: Change to Steam Library Sharing Access

That’s a pain. The VR ready computer in my apartment isn’t mine and logging into my account is a bit of a no-go…

I bought it so my daughter could play on her own account as mine is the adult one with payment.but now that isnt allowed in family sharing of same computer and Vive? Are you now saying after the game was purchased i now haveto buy muliple copies of the same game so my children can all keep playing it?

Hey there,

I’ll send you a PM about this so we can speak on it further, but in general, the idea is pretty simple: one Steam account purchase = 1 Orbus Account. Obviously as an online service we can’t allow people to buy the game one time and then have 3 or 4 different OrbusVR accounts playing on that one purchase.

So if you’re saying that you just bought it once and are only using it on one computer (so your daughter can use it, as you said), then that would be fine, but if you are saying you have multiple children who are all playing it, yes you would need multiple copies of the game for multiple accounts.

got it. thanks… but they only play one at a time. One computer only and one vive so I can skeep an eye on them.

Why not just have 3 caracters on one account, if only on are able to play at the time anyway?

Actually 1 steam copy owned is 1 player allowed. while unlimited orbus accounts can be made.
If the Game Library from the account that owns it is in use it can’t be used anywhere else.
If the Owner of the account plays anything even a free game the share user gets thrown out in 10 minutes.

Think of how xbox 360 tied a game to a system by anyone could log in and play with their own account.

Guess I won’t be playing orbus anymore then.

This is how it should be. Why would it be any other way?

Edit: If you’re sharing a copy of Orbus on steam you should have to do it from the same steam account. And steam stops people from abusing the system with that rule.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.