Switching accounts on a quest

if everyone in a household shares a quest, only one person is allowed to play orbus. no matter how many times you purchase the game. do you plan on changing that? Or do you plan on leaving out all of the children whose parents can’t afford a quest for each child in their home?

if you just add a new character for each of your family members, then you can each play your own character (and you dont even have to buy another copy of the game!)

Max. 2 characters right now, right?

yup
20 characters

that’s something that is easily fixed… the post could read

‘I want to share this awesome game with my family on quest, but i dont have enough character slots for everyone’

1 Like

Which could be responded to by a dev:

“Yeah, we opened up 4 character slots in the Beta and it probably wouldn’t be too hard to open it back up to that again…”

Yes it will. They hasitated on having more slots then 2 slots for years. Unless maybe pay for more slots. Which is also still a maaaybe.

1 Like

Having more slots? Easy to do.

Deciding how to get there (pay $x or free)? Substantially harder, but still far within the realm of feasibility.

Edit: faaaar easier than the alternative of getting Oculus to change their system to allow more account linkages in the quest or make it easier to switch account.

? Just switch oculus account, whats the problem?

Orbus is linked to the occulus account not the quest

You will have to buy a new orbus copy for the other oculus account, but other then that it’s just logging out… ?

I think quest may be tied to a single oculus account without the ability to switch?

2 Likes

the quest is tied to one oculus account. also I’m not sure if you’ve ever played an mmo, but people who play tend to like to have their own account rather than making characters on someone else’s. it just makes sense. because of that, this system also alienates all of the gamers who would try orbus on a friend’s quest. I know two people who didn’t buy or try it just because of this. there’s just no reason not to let people switch accounts. anyone who tries the game, also owns a quest and likes the game, will buy a copy after trying the game if they can keep the character they started. I understand why they thought it was a good idea to stop people from switching accounts. but I think theres more benefit for both the community and the company for allowing it. exanpd the brand, and make customers happier. win win.

have you ever asked children to share an mmo account?

First of all… You should teach children to share. Secondly, there is nothing that the devs here can do about oculus not allowing you to have multiple accounts. Either you ask the devs to add extra character slots and have your children share like normal human beings or stop whining on the forums.

1 Like

Hi, we are currently limited to two character slots per account, but we are considering adding the possibility to purchase additional ones in the future.

The account is tied to your Oculus ID at the time of registration, so if Oculus adds the ability to switch accounts on the Quest then that should work as well. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

to clarify, I’m trying to open up a discussion of how the benefits of letting people log into another account when they boot the game up outweigh the drawbacks. please don’t come into the conversation not even knowing how it works in the first place being negative. thank you.

why not tie the purchase to the account, and make the game free to download like other games in the format? is a it a problem with oculus? if so and theres no other way, being able to purchase additional characters would be great.

That may have been your intention, but when you started a flaming war, it kinda veered off topic.

Like this. This doesn’t help make your point.

I do wish that there was a way to logout and log in on a different account. This would resolve a lot of issues, such as the current restriction of only the guild leader being able to invite or remove guild members; if the guild leader was to go on an extended vacation (which recently happened to the MK), another officer could log onto the leader’s account to handle such things without the devs having to switch who is the leader and then switch back.

No, you can swap oculus Id, but you can only registure once as the product owner, I do it quite freely at work, probably up to 50 times a day in some extream cases.

Tecknicly requiers a factory reset, but with a bit of testing you can leave all info intact when doing so.