Techno Armor Design

I was just wondering why all the techno gear looks like elastic onesie suits with very little armor. Not trying to be mean but it seams weird to not go with some sorta high tek armor (actual armor) like tek tier armor in ark,

Hi there, Riley responded yesterday to similar feedback in the patch thread but to sum it up, we appreciate all the feedback and we are definitely hearing you and are open to changes.

1 Like

I have to agree with Sockboy, the warrior armor doesn’t even resemble the image of a warrior. I would have expected to be bulky and stuff to make it look like it’s actually going to protect me, and not wearing a pajamas

1 Like

I’m okay with the warrior armor, really happy that the shoulders aren’t bulky. I think the chest piece has an upside down bat on it, and bats are my favorite animal, so a fan of that. I’d of course prefer a defined waistline, and hope that is an option in the future.

1 Like

Quick Feedback on Musk-Gear:

• Gloves: I REALLY like them, they look stylish, techno, can’t wait to get good enough to dye them.
  • Shoulders: Don’t have any yet, but from other pics, yea why not, they sure look cool/ok once dyed.
  • Chest: Hmmm well, not totally bad, but they remind me a bit of PJs, hey here’s your healer, fresh outta bed, where is my morning coffee.
  • Helmet: We need to talk… I never liked that you don’t see musk-eyes, but now this piece makes me look like someone first tried to squish my head into a deepsea-diver’s neoprene undergarments, with limited success, then tried to finish it by hitting me with a HUGE rock on the head, hence the semi-imbecile look.
    Edit: Normally eyes are showing as little dots through the slots… This does not make it better tho, resulting in a fish-like, not too-bright look:
    musk
    First reaction: Help, take me to the doctor right away!!
    Also what’s up with those ear-muffs, will there be an outbreak of siberian winter in TM soon (and if so, why send me there in my PJs :stuck_out_tongue: …) ? The “third eye” is cool tho, and matches the belt, but really, the rest makes me hide that helmet right away :wink:
3 Likes

It’s more like a Fan-Shirt of Splinter Cell…

1 Like

I overall like the ranger armor except the gloves, they don’t seem to fit much on the armor and i like the tradu gloves much more.
(Oh and i really dislike the helmet, but i don’t wear it anyway so i don’t care)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We are working on some redesigns for the armor and we will share some in-progress work ahead of time so we can get your feedback on it.

3 Likes

I will say the more I play with Kamina and hear him interact with his fish bow (he named them Bert and Ernie) the more it’s growing on me. It’s goofy but actually sort of fun. Like a little traveling companion.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s fun.

So previews of dungeon gear are now here: Shard Dungeon Gear

So I’m going to close this thread, feel free to comment on that other one with any comments/critiques.

2 Likes