The Role of PvP in the Economy

Okay. To behonest: I haven’t read all posts in here but i just wanted to give my opinion because there is one thing that should be considered as well.
My fellowship consists of 2 active people and we are fine the way it is. We managed to have quite some impact on the market due to our focus being on gathering and fishing in the wilds solo for many hours.
Our main focus is on crafting and trading. So if you change the wilds so that the wilds materials are worth less(like if you make it a point control system so at some times everyone just can run in there and safely farm these mats, or something like that) then we wouldn’t have the option to compete on the market anymore due to the prices falling of these materials/potions. This would either force us to join a larger fellowship, which i refuse anyway, or to quit on the market, because we are putting several hours a day all into this and cant do more than that.
I don’t ask to design a game around my needs, just wanted to say this so you consider things like that as well.

Some players have mentioned that they prefer PVP over PVE, and possibly don’t run dungeons at all, meaning they are/will be challenged for gear. With PVE’ers getting dungeon gear with higher values it is/will create a gear advantage for PVE’ers in a PVP environment.
Might I suggest, that the chest give a token(droppable in PVP zones)(non-tradeable otherwise) that can be exchanged to an NPC in Guild City for a randomly generated piece of gear that is equivalent to PVE shards. The abberations could also very rarely drop one of these tokens.
I think this could provide something very desired by the PVP community to fight over, possibly drawing in more PVE’ers to compete for the token as well, and just creating that All Out Battle scene that some might want.
Pure PVE’ers would not feel they are pressured into going into the Wilds for items as they are getting the same from dungeons. And perhaps with a different goal of the Wilds, some of the potion mats could start spawning outside of the Wilds? :wink:

4 Likes

This runs the danger of ruining equipment progression entirely. By simple consequence of the token being tradeable, you could have established players gifting them to new players, suddenly skipping a whole chunk of their progression. It very much attempts to solve an unrelated near non-issue (I may be the only resolutely anti-Shard dungeon PvPer) while opening a whole host of issues. I think the devs should avoid this (PvP related gear) for fear of those issues.

Perhaps the token could be setup differently, non-tradeable, but droppable within a certain timeframe after a player picks it up, Player A gets it from the chest, must be online in the Wilds for 30 minutes before it becomes soulbound. Should they die and Player B get the item, then the token’s counter resets.
The token could soulbind to whatever the players current spec is, conditionally that the spec is level 20.

Thank you for the response btw, I don’t want to see a level 5 running around with epic Shard level gear either.
I’m not a PVP’er, just trying to throw out some ideas to make PVP more desirable for that community. Any PVP input to encourage or decline my idea is welcome as this really is ‘your’ area more than ‘mine’

1 Like

I think this is a really neat idea Dae: a token that is tradeable in town. Maybe at the same vendor that gave us the Gold Rush capes and Kickstarter items. Perhaps the tokens could be used as currency to buy a variety of items ranging from dragons, to rare materials, to effervescent shards (dandelion accent dye specifically requested).

I’d rather the token be tradeable though, so we can play capture the flag on the way out of the Wilds. Cat and mouse like.

I think the current set up is fine, I think it’s a matter of fixing / balancing specific elements.

I’ve been able to go in and mine specific elements in the desert easily. It’s a timezone thing I’m sure, but the Desert is much bigger than the other wilds and you’re less likely to run into people there. So crownfoil is OK, a few more or a higher respawn rate would be nice.

There are specific items such as Plain’s Helm and Blood Caps which are a real issue. They are so scarce everyone knows the specific locations for them. Locations like Lavamora are a Deathtrap where you can get the most of them (up on the hill).

The amount of Linstanium really needs to be increased. Unrelated, but a resource balance issue nevertheless.

The other issue is fishing in the wilds. Something has to be done to allow fisherman to defend themselves. For those of us trying to fish the legendary fish, we’re no longer willing to share information with each other for fear that a group will get sniped in the wilds. With lures worth thousands of dram a piece and fishing hauls worth even more it’s become a giant risk.

I don’t mind PvP, I don’t even mind being killed in the wilds, I feel it’s part of the excitement, particularly if I have a fighting chance.

Maybe allow users to take out some type of insurance going into the wilds? Instead of losing your stuff, you lose dram instead? Would be slightly complicated to figure out how much it would cost though.

TLDR; Tweak respawn rates / quantity of wilds mats. Give fisherman a chance.

1 Like

My thoughts here, but it was more focused on keeping the world bosses relevant. I still think that the solution would apply to this discussion here, however.

2 Likes

I went back through and re-read the suggestions and I think the fish tank breeding and flower garden are the most unique and enjoyable solutions to the problem. They do require the most programming / design work but it would probably be the most well received and could add it’s own complexity, like mixing specific fertilizers for different growth rates for different mats.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my two cents.
Simple points that I think can be an easy fix, without revamping the entire wilds system, making factions or any of that.

Add SAFE LOOT SLOTS in the inventory or character screen. Where a player can add 2 items inside that are tradeable and if they are NOT triggered as a bandit, upon death they would still have those two items.
Stacks would most likely be limited to 5 or 10 pieces.

What this would allow is, players who wanted to go out to gather some items, and get ganked by a group or if they are solo, don’t feel like they lost EVERYTHING, and just lost hours of time.

What this does to the economy?
It still keeps the high risk/reward value factor of many items. It still makes wilds risky.
This will also make gankers think twice of, will they get anything off of a player and if they just entered. Making solo players less of a target, But if they have been in the wilds they could have stacks on them, and the bandits would then get a reward as well, but without completely punishing the gatherer/fisher ect

1 Like

I feel like people that doesn’t like PvP should not have to go the the wild, or spending all of their gold to avoid going there. What about all you can gather in the Wilds would be only a bonus, like something you can add to your potions to make them age faster for exemple. I don’t mind it myself but I completly understand people that does not like it at all. Right now it feels like it’s not really an option.

would like to say forced pvp is a fail period. it has no place in any game period that is primarily a pve based game. i had login issues and was looking to give it another try seems i will be giving this a big huge miss and will work to inform others of the poor decisions of the developer. great way to force people to leave and keep new players away. shotgun meet foot.

the only real good reason for going to the wilds right now is for potions which only need to be used on t8+ shard dungeons and the trixster chest which has legendary shards in it (which is pointless unless you have a t10 legendary) there isnt a real need to go to the wilds unless your doing very very end game content which at that point you should be strong and smart enough to go and gather a few materials and leave, wilds isnt even much of a threat with the lack of players there and most people dont even attack, plus all the pvp guilds got tired and left

Have I mentioned how much I like Daes garden idea? Because I really really like Daes garden idea!

2 Likes

I was wondering what the Devs and players thoughts are on the wilds fishing mats.

So in Lucian wilds, you can get Shiny metal from all mobs. Whereas the Eye worms and the Bloody flesh which drop in the other wilds areas ONLY drop from Aberrations and their Corrupted parks, currently there seems to be a lot of shiny metal available when needed which I think is a good thing. Bloody flesh is the one I find the hardest to get hold of, and it’s currently selling for 4000+ dram each, I find it’s a pain to get this as it’s not dropped off the elite spiders or the normal trash so you can’t really solo it like you can at Lucian, plus the elite spiders have a crazy aggro distance, about the same as Aberrations, not sure if this is intended or not but thought I would bring it up while we are talking about this stuff

7 Likes

while on the topic of bloody flesh it would be nice to remove the ugly venom spiders in the lamavora and replace them with aberrations that can actually drop rare loot like bloody flesh

Actually, I think that it would be good for the normal mobs in the wild to have a low chance of dropping fishing mats.

2 Likes

Yeah, the oddness in the drop rates across the wilds have been reported for a while, not sure if they want it this way or if it’s not worth fixing or what.

Hopefully we can get that changed now while @Riley_D is looking at how the wilds works in the economy

I was just hoping to bring this to light again while we were giving feedback to the devs or maybe get some feedback from them on this so we know how they want it. I spoke to @Mathieu_D in-game about it yesterday and he said he wasn’t sure so it post it on the forums

Alright, time for my two cents.

Wilds for the inexperienced gives you a risk of death loss for some unknown gains. Be it ingredient, purple gear, raire bait or just xp. This kept me there from 17-20, with a lot of new teams, creating new friends and mortal enemies. Experiencing magnificent fights and horrible betrayals.

For the experienced its a farming ground, and the spawn rate is quite good for a small team, for both aberations and ingredients. (Not so good for large teams, but higher safety and lesser gains is reasonable.)

For the PvP players it’s a build of tactics, thrill and waiting. Learn the ruels, the map, the spawnpoints, hiding spots. And then wait for the pray. Your the ones upping the risk for the first group.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.