This game is a little too... quiet? More sound effects!

I’m relatively new to the game, and really enjoying my time here, but I think the one thing holding me back from feeling true immersion is how the sound effects are few and far between. Don’t get me wrong, what’s there works well enough, it’s what isn’t there that feels a bit jarring. Here are a few examples in my limited play time:

• Weapon sheathing/unsheathing
  • Specific ability effects, such as using/burning Scoundrel cards, throwing the Paladin hammer, loading Musketeer ammo, etc.
  • Opening a door to transition from one area to the next
  • Ambient sound effects, such as birds chirping in the woods, streams flowing, etc.
  • While we have sound effects for when we’re hit in combat, we’re missing sound effects for the creatures themselves, like when they’re attacking us, when they’re struck, etc.
  • I get that we don’t exactly have feet, so footsteps may sound out of place when we move, but maybe some kind of default whooshing during movement?

Adding just a few additional sounds to the game would go a long way into making this into a more polished and immersive product, and would hopefully be something that’s easier to add than, say, updated character models.

4 Likes

Agreed, I think the old orbus was more polished.
We asked to have the ability to switch between old and new music/sound effects.
Having new ones seems like a good thing too!

1 Like

At least turn down the SFX for when hitting through shield and your shield gets hit; its too loud.

Yes … even more so in the over world. Would be nice to have more ambiance.

So I turned the music off and listened to ambiance. I believe that adding more sounds to the game would have a positive impact on the experience that is a VRMMO.

Now that I think about it, the game felt empty but I didn’t know why. I see and hang with people all the time. But the sounds are what it’s missing.

If it has audio bugs, we as a player would notice them immediately and be able to inform devs.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.