Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

25 tokens… 1 week since it started… At 6.5 hour increments, giving, what, 26 tokens over all since the start?

So 25/26 tokens taken by LC!

Obligatory “N0t A m0no¶olY!1!” statement

damn i cant make that one im at work all day

We missed 2

Which may have been 4 tokens, we aren’t sure.

Ill see if i can get the ole group together and give yall a good fight.

1 Like

Monopoly is not a fun game. This has been tons!

This might be a very important missing part, that there needs to be a chance for ppl to see the goblin where they fight for and have a chance to see who grabs it. And with chance I mean a good 2+ minute window starting from the first person finding it.
(At-least for the ppl who don’t come for the same reason you guys show up)

Honestly I just want a replicated Gurubashi Arena as I think it had the most fair mechanics.

The fact that opening the chest over 5-10 seconds gave you the loot and it was a set time and place made it great. Also you weren’t PvP enabled until you jumped into the arena.

A low level could sneak the chest because others were fighting and you could make the fight last longer by just interrupting the opening channeled cast.

1 Like

You may be right. As it is there is time for people to take it before we get to it. Commonly 1 person finds it and then we all travel from around the zone to that 1 person before we grab it. So already there’s a minute to two minutes that its up before we grab it even after sighting it. That’s why we find it so weird that J hasn’t seen it. He’s killed our spotter twice now and not grabbed it. I disagree with most of the others in LC about wanting a target on the carrier. I like the mind games and meta strategies, like giving it to an unlikely player and then sending a fast running decoy to distract the opposition. That stuff is my bread and butter. SemZ had a good idea. It’s sort of a middle ground. Alert people to the spot the goblin is killed as well as the zone it spawns. That way people have a better chance of targeting who or where the tokens are. Seems the new strat is to flood us with spawns now, but we have dedicated people who are sleep depriving themselves to grab every token atm. lol.

I’d love to be flooded with spawns, say a normal public event timer. Clearly because I care about all your health too much.

I’d like to reiterate the central point I’ve been trying to make and no one is able to deny:

4 hours is better than 6.5. There’s good odds we might (as a group) start missing spawns, but not many, and not enough to let anyone else in on the fun. Something closer to normal event times would make that finally impossible and take the pressure off those dedicated few to make literally every possible spawn.

I am just reporting my experiences… Experiences cannot be ‘inaccurate’… I hate having to repeat myself but… My experience is not your experience… Just because I have a bad experience and you disagree with my experience does not mean that my experience is ‘wrong’ somehow lol.

This hasn’t been fun for the losers who cannot find the goblin… It has been headless chicken PvP over and over again. I don’t know why you keep tricking yourself to think that others are having ‘loads of fun’.

You have start to understand that if others around you are not having fun it is going to kill the game off.

I have been struggling to get people together to even bother showing up to vs you guys that how dead this is already…

For most people the goal of the game is like ‘capture the flag’… fight over the token.

I hope that the changes coming out today are actually enough to change the balance… I don’t think so yet though… But let’s see.

classic wow, VR mode? hehe

To be fair, it actually has been a lot of fun on the winning side. And when there’s 10+ folks on that side, it would be fair to say the event has been “loads of fun” as a whole. It’s just totally enjoyed by a large but discrete group of people.

Yes the same winning 5-10 people over and over again. Nice balanced event… not.

Anyway… we all know that the LC group are having such a fun time owning a monopoly when they get to train roll over every other player in unorganized groups around them yes fantastic.

Rather than ‘J is wrong and he didnt have a bad experience’ I would rather this thread be used for constructive feedback such as:

I’m not disagreeing with everything you’re saying or even that this IS balanced, but saying something isn’t balanced just because someone can dominate it is a bit of a falsehood.

If I said I felt the same about hard mode raids, would the response be ‘get a guild, get organized, and work together to beat the content’?

2 Likes

I mean, all the most dedicated, skilled PVP players are winning the PVP event. That seems to be appropriate. It does so happen that they’ve all congregated into one fellowship, but that doesn’t change the fact that a lot of people are enjoying the event.

3 Likes

So… To bring us back on topic…

1. How do we maintain that critical balance between player archetypes keeping the gameplay a delightful experience for everyone? (take this from an empathetic stand point; mechanics which equalize gameplay; not mechanics which you know only benefit your own archetype).
  2. What features would you personally like to see to enrich the PvP experience? What is making you happy now and what is not? (take this from a personal stand point; what do you personally like and dislike?). Why?
  3. Please continue posting your goblin experiences in the thread so that it may be observed and used for others brainstorming as well as Orbus Online LLC’s consideration.

Yeah this was bound to happen anyway this is done since it’s a small community.

Everyone joins the same group and shares the loot over the next weeks.

It might as well deposit a token in your Fellowship Chest every 4 hours while we’re at it until you have all the loot so others and randoms can go for it.

just join the token finder queue, and remove all this ‘dealing with trash mobs’ to get a reward :stuck_out_tongue: