We want to give you money!

I’ve seen this mentioned in the discord as well as talked about this with other players. Very many of us want to support the game. We are looking for ways to contribute.
I would hate to see it sell out as in buy stuff that makes you stronger in game but an option to buy cosmetic stuff maybe from the backer rewards guy I think would be great.

5 Likes

i think a secand kickstarter would be wonderfull with new items :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe they are planning to do a cash shop with cosmetics, but don’t quote me.

I just hope it comes soon!

3 Likes

people have already made plenty of threads about supporting the game more, be patient and they will release a cosmetic cash shop eventually

I do hope they don’t go over the top with a cosmetic shop, Ill be happy if they let players donate to them!

1 Like

I’d rather Donate, or Sub for little reward :slight_smile:

The OrbusVR team could also make a live stream, we could ask some questions live and support the game in the same time

3 Likes

Let’s wait for it to come out of Early Access before asking for something like this. Having a reputation of being in EA but offering micro-transactions can really sour potential new players into not buying the game and may actually hurt the community in the long run.

6 Likes

Honestly, I don’t. We all purchased the game, they got their money. The game still isn’t done. If they add a cash shop or cosmetics etc before finishing the game that is a bad decision in my opinion. If they finish the game they can bump up the price. If the core game is sorted then they can look at adding cosmetics etc to pay the rent. Also I look forward to paid expansions etc. If they added 5 levels a dungeon and some other shiny’s every 3-6 months and charged for the expansion I think that would be my preferred method of supporting them. Cash shops always end up being a terrible experience.

1 Like

I don’t know if expansions would be right for a game this small. Splitting a playerbase that is already only in the triple digits would be bad, but the fact is that the devs need so way of supporting development once every one sales slow which to be honest likely already happened.

I believe it has been said before that expansions are coming, and that they will be paid for. this is the only reference I could find on a quick search: Anyway to help out more? but I’m sure I’ve read about it in more detail somewhere, perhaps the blog

Edit: found a few more mentions:

Well, microtransactions for cosmetics aren’t necessarily a bad thing. My 1 piece of advice on this for the OrbusVR devs would be to take a look at Path of Exiles business model. I believe this is among the most succesfull titles of all time to date using such a model.

Sure, we have already paid for this game. However, being VR it limits the playerbase in the first place, and secondly developers do have to eat to. By the looks of this thread there are plenty of people wanting to throw a little extra here and there for cosmetics.

On the more serious side of things though, developing a microtransaction system, along with the items on sale themselves might cost more than the income it can bring though given the size of the playerbase. So there is that to consider as well.

1 Like

Ill rather Donate, Pay a subscription fee and pay for expansions then any sort of cash shop in the game with my experience they also tend to turn from cosmetics to bigger bag/chest space then to experience boosts & Gear…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.