What's the point of the suggestions forum?

Honest question. I see a ton of posts with momentum and player support that don’t receive a reply. Maybe you’re all hands on deck for the expansion right now, but I don’t feel like our voices are being heard. If you’re going to give us a place to voice our thoughts, could you at least humor us with a reply?

1 Like

They read almost all the posts I think, and they always reply to bug posts.

But it’s a small team and they can’t add everything the players want. But they do listen to us

1 Like

They see it all and they do implement suggestions (scoundrel ultimate, triplicity change, re working enemy fireballs to name a few) but like Chase said, it’s a very small team. Not to mention they aren’t obligated to change anything at all based on or suggestions.

1 Like

Believe they have said before that they won’t typically reply to suggestion threads as they don’t want to seem like they are promising to make it happen but they do read all the threads and many of the updates have either been from some of the suggestions or had ideas taken from them and implemented in the way the Devs want it to be

2 Likes

Hi, we understand the question - it’s a fair one to ask and I just wanted to touch up on it real quick.

Like the posters above mentioned, we always read the suggestions posted, and many times we’ve taken suggestions directly from the community forums to implement into the game. For example, most quality of life features we’ve added over the years have been directly taken from player suggestions and feedback.

We generally don’t respond to suggestion posts unless we’re absolutely certain it’s something that we are both planning and can implement in the very near future.
The other time we may respond is when we’re curious about a topic and want more iterations on it or how it would work in players’ minds.

There are a few reasons for this, but the main ones is that responding to a suggestion favorably is often taken as us confirming we’re going to implement it, and even if that’s something we were initially planning to do at the time, schedules can change majorly, or priorities shifted. So the subject gets brought back up over time and we’re not sure when it would go in if we were planning it.
On the flipside, if we respond in not as much of a positive note it can be seen as shooting down feedback, which we don’t want to do - we appreciate all kinds of (constructive) feedback. And sometimes it just requires time for us to think of a way to implement things.

Hope that answers your question some. We’re always happy to read suggestions and are often inspired by them.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.