Winter Bugs / some comments

• outside highsteppe questgiver has a backwards question mark quest icon (at least, for completing part 1 quest)
  • 99% sure the questgiver said he gave me gloves, actually gave shoulders for part I.
  • critter capture npc says he has an example critter on the table next to him, he does not.
  • Treesus not wielding winter trees
  • broke the transmog shoulders down, still in my inventory but I can’t move the item. Haven’t tried relogging yet, etc.
  • sledding dragon in house is cute, but directly clips through the center dragon (the latest dragon that was bred)

That’s all I have done so far, there might be more.

Any chance we can get an in-game option to toggle on the “blinding” white snow?
Here’s what we got:

Here’s what I expected (looks a lot better, aside from the trunk being white and not brown as such with the blue trees [I think the white trees look better, also maybe -some- green/autumn colored leaves could have been kept under the snow on the white trees]):

Running on ultra made no difference.

1 Like

It never does :sweat_smile:

is there a Christmas jingle and snow fall

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! Looks like some of those were small oversights that slipped in.

• For the gloves/shoulder rewards, if that’s the case I think it should still give you all 4 pieces, right, for the whole questline? They might have been swapped accidentally.

• Regarding the snow textures, while that screenshot really undersells the blinding-ness because it’s from a long distance, it wasn’t really playable up close even after tweaking it, and that’s why we had to swap the textures.

1 Like

Yes you get all 4 pieces in the end (Source getting all 4 someone else, not myself). The shoulders first. And later the gloves. But it indeed says here you go here are your gloves as first reward. While you get shoulders instead.

There is a jingle! It’s actually somewhat merry and also somewhat terrifying and low pitched at times as part of the collect-the-lights quest. It’d be cool to get like a snowglobe or something you can shake to activate the sound lol.

Kind of reminds of the frosted spit though, which was also extremely white (but good). All I can do is take your word for it but I wonder if it really would have been unplayable? From that distance it looks so good. I’d still be curious to have an alternative option/patch to test it out, but I suppose that could be too much to ask for… christmas? :stuck_out_tongue:

I live where there is snow, and when it snows heavily - it is absolutely blinding and white. So I guess I’m used to it and kind of expect that from snow. A game could tone it down, understandably. The dark gray/blue snow/sleet kind of feels like the ugliest dirt-muddled snow that you get sad about (combined with when it rains).

2 Likes

haha so funny i wish i could jump on to hear it but im moveing

@Vasilia_F

3 Likes

sounds nice

1 Like

Almost done with the event quests, but my only negative feedback so far.

Can’t find spoiler tags, please edit in if someone else knows them:
Can we not have a world boss for the last mission?

I get that it’s to promote teamwork and meeting people, but the only times I can play because of my work schedule is 1 am to 6 am central US time. There was a single person that tried to help me, and three sprouts online at the time, so the questline is dead in the water for me (effectively a solo player because of circumstances). Even made a party and spent three hours trying to solo him while I waited; nobody joined, and the best I did was get him to 3/4ths HP in the end.

Outside of that, the glowy christmas orbs shown above were cool, gave me a reason to really explore. The kill quest i didn’t mind but the rare spawn took a minute to get all of. Same for searching the guy and the yellow snowballs were funny. I suspect we’ll need 500 captures for the title like last event, but without the last main seasonal mission I won’t be able to get the title, so I’m less worried about it. Other than the last mission, I overall had fun with the event.

You can solo it as a pally pretty fast. Done in 10ish mins max. If you don’t have that option then you can try asking around on public discord. Otherwise I can probably help you kill it around 5am central US time most days.

1 Like

Only have musky and scoundrel at decent level, so yeah no pally. Just tried searching for an orbus discord and nothing came up, but help is definitely appreciated. Mind PMing me to not clog the thread?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.