World PvP is it going on?

Hi,

This is maybe quite a stupid question but i havnt found any newer info about this.

So how is it with the state of overworld pvp? Are people even Player Killing around? Ive never been attacked by anyone in overworld and ive never seen anyone fighting ever. I loved Ultime Online overworld pvp system and i would love to see more player killers in certain locations.

I would even love to see for example a new locaion like wastelands where everyone inside will be attackable so the materials and monsters inside could drop some rare specials.

Thanks
Seraf

World pvp is very inactive ATM. But there are no ppl ATM either who just attack everyone they see. You can be one of them if you want to bring overworld pvp a bit more back :sweat_smile: (accept being hated though -_-)

1 Like

I always have my PvP on, but I only attack if I get attacked by that person, I haven’t been attacked by anyone in months, I just have it on for the 10% bonus exp like most others use it for

1 Like

Haha will try but i guess ill suffer more then others… my main is Bard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ill have to finish scoundrel :slight_smile:

I would love to see some rewards for doing pure pvp - battlegrounds or overworld pvp…

We asked for that back in the beta for reborn and they didn’t want to do it as they thought it would just encourage win trading over actual PvP

Ok i get this but that can be easily avoided by for example: there will be just 8 drops per day limit for each player - 10% chance to drop on kill for a “normal” mat/blue item reward? 5% for rare pvp only drop?

With some anti exploit rules?
You cant get more then 3 random rewards per day from battleground - win will give a chance on rare drop / loose only for normal drop
You cant get more then 5 random rewards per day from overworld pvp
You can get only up to 1 reward from each player per day

This will heavily influence the time people will spend dueling and fighting in overworld

There can also be a DUEL ROOM in taver so people can fight 1v1 / 2v2 uninterrupted by others (watchable through windows?) with no reward or need for equipment repair / moderator events could then involve pvp tournaments?

I mean those are just on the spot ideas but itll will be a lot of fun, dont you think?

Seraf

1 Like

In the original there were 3 zones like this, but people complained that they had to experience pvp to get end game materials. Those zones being removed is why the 2 pvp guilds no longer play.

2 Likes

I occasionally go hunting for people with PvP on. It’s not often, but if I’m waiting on something else to happen I make a sweep of the map just for the thrill of the kill :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an active and growing community of people who regularly do battlegrounds pvp. I just did 5+ games last night.

Overworld pvp is pretty rare and even during goblin, if you happen to zone in away from where the goblin spawned, there’s a good chance the goblin will be killed before significant combat is seen.

Both battlegrounds and overworld need some love though. Nothing is wrong with the current battlegrounds map but it’d be nice if more than one map was in the rotation for battleground so it doesn’t get stale. I like your 1v1/2v2 duel room idea a bunch as well.

1 Like

Ou yea yesterday battlegrounds!! I was running around highsteppe “whispering” Battlegrounds to everyone in wierd voices until enough ppl joined :joy:

I mean if you guys think the system is quite ok but but needs just bit of love im fine with that. But ofc those 3 zones sounds more like a challenge… if you cant get high end material solo then thats why it is MMORPG … just group up… thats regular for tons of games and its a huge bonus for most high end players

What a shame… 3 zone world is a great system and pvp for materials sounds like a huge auction improvement!!
Let others gain mat from pvp zones through daily quests etc and we are done :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s another issue with World PvP right now which is that nothing you get off another player actually has any value. The rarest thing you are likely to get is a Goblin token and pretty much only while it is happening. Mats from the Wilds zones were actually pretty valuable in the old game.

If you go outside Highsteppe, attack someone and take their loot, you generally just end up over-encumbered, often to the point where you can’t move at all, with a bunch of useless leveling potions, dyes, and easy to get mats. Then you need speed pots to get back to Hghsteppe.

The complaint in the old games was that three large PvP-only zones was too much for the PvE only players to miss out on and that fishers were forced to play gank food. They fixed the issue with fishers not being able to defend themselves though and I don’t see why we couldn’t have gone to maybe just one PvP zone. It seems kind of weird they catered to “PvE only” group players so much. Though, I think they also had problems with guilds tricking gullible new players into going to the wilds and killing them so maybe that is why they removed these zones for reborn.

New player here and not high enough level to care yet but I really hope this does come back. I’d like to talk a few old PvP friends into playing but with raiding being the only real endgame option, doubtful! I think factions world wide being a longer term goal and bringing one world PvP zone back sooner than later. Fellowships being able to declare/accept war would be nice too, don’t know if that is already a thing. Where members automatically are flagged to enemy fellowship members.

1 Like

off topic quick correction, shard dungeons are the main end-game while raiding has been kinda left in the dust since it’s way easier to gather a group of 5 people that can do lvl13+ shards than a group of 10 people that can do a hardmode raid which gives the same loot.

1 Like

It was called the wilds and it was glorious.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.