12 hard mode boss kills.... 0 drops

so I still have 0 loot from the hard modes after 3 weeks. seems a bit over the top.

What is the chance to get a piece of loot from the weekly @Riley_D

Says the guy with both capes and both pets.

I literally haven’t gotten anything from both modes since they came out except for dyes and 1 T5 legendary from normal.

The natural drop chance is about 10%. So it’s not terribly shocking that you haven’t gotten something yet. Clearly it’s working since other people are getting drops.

Also I assume you are all getting tokens, right?

On a side note, does that mean you did the whole Hard Mode Raid tonight? Did you encounter any issues with the AoE attacks that were updated?

I don’t think we’ve had any pet drops whatsoever. We have a couple people who are now basically decked out in T12 gear including weapon, and a couple people who have gotten 0 drops and have enough tokens to get 1 weapon or chest piece. Even with the tokens, the divide is very very wide due to RNG.

There are multiple of us in Alphabet that now have 12 kills/tokens without a single “luck” drop and then there are others in the group that have nearly a full set, like Draven said, the divide is real.

Loot in this game is so odd… Guaranteed loot once per day in dungeons, and raid bosses that might not drop anything (other than a token…see rant #1 below)… ungated hard modes with loot pinata first boss… you have people who have never done high lvl (or even mid lvl) shards, wearing T12 gear… Why are you trying to make your previous content obsolete? I know its a very small dev team, but i dont understand MANY of the decisions that are made in this game…

Rant #1 - Tokens are boring. Dont get me wrong, they are a great way to ensure that someone doesnt go for weeks or even months, just trying to fill that last gear slot. But it is way more satisfying to get an actual drop from the boss. The current system is set up to hype you up for a potential loot drop, then let you down 90% of the time. Then, after being let down repeatedly for weeks, you can buy the loot from a vendor. Who thought that would be fun? (There was a pretty decent joke here about how I thought the game was possibly being developed by a robot, but it was suggested that it might be too insensitive, so i have removed it, so please disregard any references to emotionless robots that may pop up. Thank you.)

Just to note, I have used luck potions on every kill and apart from our 1st kills on each boss, I have used 1 or 2 luck rings, so for 12 kills with no loot, with luck, feels really damn bad

Would it not make sense to reduce the RNG a bit by adding a guaranteed drop from boss 4 and 5 every week?

I feel like every boss should have at least one guaranteed gear drop per kill (per raid party, not per person), and then a chance for more on top of that.

I have two major issues with the loot system as it currently stands.

1: Each boss having a chance to drop all t12 loot means that there is no actual benefit to clearing 5 bosses compared to clearing just the first over and over, other than increasing the odds of getting loot faster. The difficulty difference between boss 1 and boss 5 is immense, and it simply feels bad that killing the final boss of the raid gives the same loot as killing the first (non stat-contributing gear is irrelevant to many players). Every other MMO I know of uses a loot table for bosses, with each only dropping certain items. This means that someone who only kills the first boss of the raid over and over, will never be as geared as someone who is able to clear the whole raid, even given an infinite number of weekly resets. There are 5 types of gear dropped, why does each boss not drop gear for only one slot? (ie. boss 1 - gloves, 2 - shoulders, 3 - helmet, 4 - chest, 5 - weapon) This would also mean that you could ‘target’ certain items by killing the corresponding boss, thus removing the need for tokens, which I dislike for reasons mostly discussed previously in this thread. Removal of tokens means that the natural drop chance of bosses could also be increased, which leads into my next point.

2: Killing a boss and not seeing any loot simply feels bad. In most MMOs a boss is guaranteed to drop a (sometimes slightly variable) number of items. The boss dies, everyone walks up and sees the items that are available. Those items are then distributed by rolling, or another method decided by the players. This makes every kill more exciting as there is always drops to look at, and even if you don’t personally receive the loot, you actually saw the chance you had based on your roll or bid for it, and you see directly what upgrades are going to your raid (ideally improving it for future runs).

3 Likes

This is something I noticed this weeks kill on boss 1, not a single person got a piece of loot, everyone got their loot token and that was it… it really doesn’t feel rewarding

I think it’s really fine the way it is and here is why-

You can gear up with guaranteed daily loot drops with shards. Through shards you can get up high level gear and farm out good rolls pretty easily. (And if you are missing a piece due to RNG boom tokens from normal raid easily fill it out)

Combined with this we have hard mode raids which drop gear which looks a cooler and is just a bit stronger. In fact the best part of this is that you’ve got a chance at loot drops while getting tokens. You’re getting gear every week no matter what.

The goal has always been to have the gear in the game be something that 90% can be easily obtained and 10% much much harder.

I see no reason to complain about the system, as I think it works pretty darn well together and it’s really easy to get full gear sets relatively quickly. I think it’s unreasonable to want to run content just a couple times and have everything. People keep talking about “Most MMOs” having a guaranteed drop for bosses. Yeah they drop one drop for one person per day or week and you distribute it out still maybe never getting something for your class. Who wants that?

what if… you are done with t10 gear from shards and are unable to gear further due to RNG. what then? t10 shard gear != t12 raid gear in either effort or time to reward. they are apples and pears in terms of content.

the 10% being much harder to achieve should not be 90% more RNG. instead it should be harder to achieve due to content difficulty.

You’re guaranteed gear from the raids…so maybe you don’t understand the token system? You are able to trade them in to a vendor for any piece of gear that you want. If you trade in your 12 tokens you can have gloves and a hat.

2 Likes

With this system, the most efficient way to spend tokens is to not spend any until you have enough to complete the set (to allow for a chance at rng drops and avoid getting multiples of the same gear slot) This is the case because of math.

Its like the loot system was designed to be as unrewarding as possible. (ok thats not true. There would be no rng drops at all if that were the case, or even worse, just rng tokens … its still really lackluster though)

im sorry but there is no need to be rude and literal here.

Of course i know you can get tokens from raids and I know that you know I know so dont be a tool.

The speed at which i can get tokens from raids is equal to yours… However the RNG is clearly scaled to a point where one person can be fully decked and another not.

Bruh, you literally said unable to gear further due to RNG. That completely conflicts with knowledge that you’re guaranteed to gear further from tokens.

That’s how RNG has always been, and that’s why we have tokens.
I only got 1 drop in normal mode, however i have enough tokens to buy the other 3 (if i needed them) so i eventually got there.
In hard mode i’ve been much more lucky and got bow, helmet and chest, and with my 15 tokens i was able to buy the missing gloves and shoulders.

Back when there wasn’t even the Tradu Mines i would kill aberrations the whole day and get nothing, i can call THAT unrewarding but i can’t really say the same or complaining for raids that give me tokens to buy gear in case i didn’t get any drop.

1 Like

Since the beginning of the game, I swear, I had the worst RNG. I would complain about it too. We would go to Lamavora as a group, because I would want my magic purple, but some others would get 2 or even 3, me- none. I barely get any magic purple to this day and I always have to buy that dye off people. One time Delceri and I would farm for an hour for charcoal dye. He got 5 or 6 and I got one. I would farm in the wilds for a day and others would get two or 3 gear drops and I got none. I even did a T10 (this one run took really long) and got no drop at all, and no guaranteed roll. I really felt bad for a few days after that. I still have no legendary and others have 2-4. Now that hard modes come out, I am finally getting lucky drops. I got a lucky drop for weapon, chest (which I was lacking from in shards), and gloves. I bought the hat with tokens and still need the shoulders.

I guess if RNG is changed, it should be changed throughout the game?? For me, it still feels like I am unlucky with legendaries,shards, and magic purples. I have given up on farming magic purples due to my RNG.

How about the pet for the raids can we slightly increase that drop…just slightly?

I love the token system. With shards, it took me an extremely long time to get a spiro chest piece. It was frustrating because I really wanted to dye my gear and have a complete look. But RNGesus was not on my side. With the tokens you can work for a long term goal and get the piece you’re missing.

4 Likes