A Blacksmith profession would make role playing in this game better

Having the ability to craft weapons, armor, and other items could spice the game up. Players can have shops or a community shop that all players can access with anvils too craft, use, upgrade and sell weapons and armor. Having a blacksmith profession can be a profitable business since players can fix, upgrade, craft or make special requests* from their fellow players *(by this I mean a player can ask a player blacksmith to make certain weapon, if they can.). If you guys do add this profession, then there should be a leveling system to making and selling weapons, however their should be materials that the player has to get in order to craft, and upgrade weapons and armor. Blacksmiths should get their own shops but they have to pay for one or however you guys want to do it and inside the shops can be shelves that show and hold weapons and armor stands that show and hold the armor that can sold and the person who owns the shop can set prices on the gear, but they can’t be too expensive or too cheap depending on the gear they’re selling. Some players who are in parties that are blacksmiths could be able to craft and upgrade their party’s gear but they still have get the materials so the party’s gear can be crafted or upgraded.

I do like the concept of this and would not mind seeing this. I don’t see this being added anytime soon due to the nature of how the game works. However, these suggestions allow the devs to see what players would like to see and might give then ideas.

1 Like

This being rolled into, or an extension of tinkering could be cool, with a wider array of crafting only transmogs, and maybe some transmog options with more freefrom customization that one could do thru a blacksmithing profession

Yea there is tinkering already, and at least 1 armor transmog part (the chest) you already can craft, so it’s more or less implemented already, on a basic level.

Player shops (stalls) are already there as well, what is not there is a nice display of every item ingame and in stalls, which is hopefully forthcoming, though.

Now to have elaborated shelves etc. (like for example in the furniture shop) there would need to be way more space in the Highsteppe underground to walk around in each shop and not sure if buyers would do that. It would be as timeconsuming as in rl to walk around and find the cheapest/fanciest sword etc. since there’s not 2 or 3, but 10 shops and many hope for even more right now.

Also instanced player shops like the furniture one are not a good idea imo, since it’s taking too long to load to enter/exit to visit them on a daily basis. As for me I browse auction house and check market stalls already for 20-30mins a day or so, but that’s the maximum, then I wanna proceed with other things.

Also the weapons crafted would likely be only transmogs, else doing the main endgame activity, dungeons and raids, which are the #1 source for better armor, would be pointless (and if the crafted gear is weaker than what you get in shards, it would be pointless for many or most crafting it…).

I believe you mean fellowships? A party is just a group of players, also can be formed randomly… as for upgrades, what indeed would be cool is something to improve affixes of armor or create entirely new affixes. Right now the only way to improve armor gotten from dungeons is to randomly re-roll the affixes with shards.
However, if you could craft certain items which provide useful affixes for armor/weapons and trade them, this would definitly spice up economy, lots. Since armor changes all the time until you are at the very end of the endgame there would be a continuous, major demand for armor/weapon-improval items.

Honestly, I really like the idea of actually having a profession and being able to give custom or crafted gear to other players, but I don’t think it would really fit with the game. I can’t really see a way that gear produced by a player would be any better than gear from the world or shards or whatnot. One option I could see put into the game would be more buildable transmogs, but I don’t think being able to trade them between players would be a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.