A problem with luck

yup they were right. but some shard dyes have a 50% change to drop so in theory you can get a 7.5% increase in droprate on that. but you have to switch to your fisherman for that

Thank you for the excellent break down on the stats I had Scott, great data points!

It does sound like that with Reagents being somewhere in the low single digits range by default, and the Luck stat boost being multiplicative, we’re potentially looking at it going from around a 2% drop to a 2.5% drop, or 4% drop to a 5% drop, assuming you are getting the full 25% bonus, which I’m assuming would happen if you had 250 luck, which you can only really get with the fishing gear. 150 luck being x 1.15, we’d be looking at closer to a 2%->2.3%, or a 4%->4.6% if you are being optimistic. In either case, I’d call that close enough to trivial that at least for Reagent Farming, I’d rather keep my +6% damage on crit rings.

A few additional notes of things that I noticed from my data:

• Based on what items you can get concurrently, I suspect it would be possible to get up to 5 different items at the same time. 1 piece of gear, 1 of a specific type of lure ingredient, 1 of a different lure ingredient, 1 ring, and 1 reagent.
    This is based on the fact that I never got multiple pieces of non-ring equipment at the same time, I did get 2 different lure materials, and I got lure ingredients mixed in with other items as well.

I’m not sure if it’s a 1 in 3 chance to get anything, and then it breaks it down from there, or if each loot grouping has it’s own base chance that add up to around 33% but it’s largely immaterial for probability at least.

I appreciate the feedback, and I do have other similar findings for various things (did a silly one for Treasure Master for example).

Thank you Riley as well for the specifics on Luck workings!

To fix raid drop percent being garbage I vote 1guranteed roll for completing raid per week. Lol

Hmm that is actually an interresting idea. You can encourage a group to complete a whole raid from beginning to end by doing this. You only get the guaranteed by killing all 5 bosses.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s what I mean

I agree, drop the Luck stat completely.

Increase drop rates significantly. Then change how you want to deal with progression in general. Not getting drops or getting very little drops is not fun and many people quit due to how menial it is to spend time doing things and getting nothing in return.

Instead give people rewards for time spent every time, and then change the grind to other mechanics if you get my drift. There are many ways to make the game more appeal while still giving people something to work towards without it being as black and white as getting a drop or not. The token system is only a bandaid and not a solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.