Affliction 2 trouble

So i’m having trouble consistently casting the short versions of affliction 2.

I have not been able to cast DelceRi’s method or Decoy’s method even once. because of this, i usually use the figure 8 method, but it isnt consistent for me (maybe 1/8 ish) some days i can cast it 20 times in a row, but other days it is like 100x before i cast it once.

Are there any tips for casting any of these? Does anyone know which parts of the shortcuts have the most importance (to emphasize when speed casting) for success rate?

I find I have a lot more success with Decoy’s method if I draw it backwards and add the roof at the end (still one line). Yeah, it is longer but that extra bit makes it less finicky for me.

Could you show me an example? Either a video or like a paint drawing with arrows indicating the direction?

Here are some examples how I can do it constantly, but it’s all about practice for this spell…

hmm, i noticed that you are drawing the circle inside of the figure 8… i always thought it was outside

1 Like

Both is working, circle inside or outside, at least for me. How long do you practice that spell now?

i’ve practiced it for at least 5hrs of doing nothing but casting it, plus regular questing opening with that spell.

Here’s what I do. I cannot hit any of the other shortcuts with any useful regularity. Far from ideal, but I can hit this one about half the times. Arguably it is a modification of the Decoy method - I just draw it backwards and add the roof.

Also one more suggestion. When practicing, do it in your player house. I find it much easier to cast there. Step outside into Highsteppe and I cannot cast a thing. Your success is highly dependent on your computer performance. I have 50% performance margin in my player house and that drops to zero when there are lots of people around or I am in a busy dungeon like the rainforest.

Also start by tracing your book to get the proportions right (OK two more things) and slowly move off the page. There are a lot of things that all have to be right.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.