Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

Trying to be a bit more concise here as I left general feedback in the other thread. Some of the issue are repeats, but I only included them if they came up during the playsession. As always, all feedback given with best intentions, and if any additional information (including video footage) may be helpful, let me know.

Bugs

• Major Bug: Instancing: Still regularly getting shunted into my own empty reality. Was worse this playtest and was happening a lot when leaving training and housing instances, like I wasn’t being transitioned back correctly. Also happened randomly while moving around or even standing in a group
  • Major Bug: Crashing: Had a lot more crashes this playtest than previous, of various types, tried to submit a bunch of reports for them
  • Major Bug: Exploit: You can still get infinite gold from repeatedly declining multiple of the Noah’s Ark quests
  • Major Bug: Proximity Chat: While it no longer cuts out completely, it will very frequently get extremely choppy, and - occasionally oddly high-pitched. This was extremely challenging, especially when trying to organize the raid or teach new players about the game
  • Major Bug: Questing: Seemed like there were still a number of ways people could get into a broken questing state (Full inventory, picking up quest items in advance, approaching NPCs in the wrong order, etc)
  • Major Bug: PvP: If you queue up for PvP in a group, you can’t fight each other
  • Bug: Quest: Precompleting a number of quests resulted in undesired behavior where you needed to speak to the NPC repeatedly
  • Bug: Quest: Marcel gives a follow-up quest to kill redtails which looks like it’s intended to be indefinitely repeatable as there is an exclamation mark present, but he doesn’t respond
  • Bug: Quest: The follow-up quest to get more pet treats never seemed to be available
  • Bug: Warrior: Had a few occasions where my shield stopped taking hits at all until I relogged
  • Bug: Ice Lance: Ice lance still has a minor delay after casting before further casting is permitted
  • Bug: UI: Tooltips often only display when pointed at in certain boxes in the inventory
  • Bug: Empowered Strikes Potion: I’m 90% sure the buff did not persist through death as advertised
  • Bug: Runecasting: Had a few cases where any spell I cast would immediately detonate upon trying to launch it.
  • Bug: Runecasting: Still have an issue that activating your ultimate while you have a spell loaded blocks you from casting for at least a while.
  • Bug: Polymorph: Some mobs (like lizardmen) don’t change into a chicken correctly
  • Bug: Animation: Bandits do not have a death animation
  • Bug: UI: Sometimes putting items (and journal) behind your head doesn’t register as putting it away
  • Minor Bug: Patcher: Sometimes it will say “Submitting” indefinitely when submitting a log
  • Minor Bug: Journal: Quests still track counts above their target goal: Example - 127/10
  • Minor Bug: Harvesting: There was a harvest node near the Wilderboards near (Treetop I believe, next to Graveyard) that couldn’t be harvested
  • Minor Bug: Icons: Various items are still pending icons or have non-matching icons
  • Minor Bug: Giant Growth: Not sure if it’s because I was insta-killing lowbie mobs but I was able to do so without it ending the effect
  • Minor Bug: Pet: When entering my house, my pet would be floating in mid-air for a bit and then pop to the ground
  • Minor Bug: Pet: Pet could often not keep up and need to warp to owner
  • Minor Bug: Elongata: The visual effects around the boulders still do not appear, regardless of class

Feedback

• Feedback: Doors: It seems like you need to open doors much further than before for them to register, which feels awkward
  • Feedback: Quest: Difficult for players to find King Stag. Additional stairs and markers may help
  • Feedback: Alchemy: Feels bad I can’t include all my alchemy materials in the alchemy chest
  • Feedback: Journal: Journal is better but navigating it becomes a little onerous once you have multiple potions, all the fish, the intro, and a few quests in there
  • Feedback: UI: I seem to accidentally open the menu up a lot when moving my hand around pointed to select things, kinda wish I could turn it off
  • Feedback: Giant Growth: Might be handy to have users voice audio increase (with a slight booming reverb element), I found it handy during raid prep to get people’s attention
  • Feedback: Storage: Storage continues to be an escalating issue, and is causing secondary issues with quests due to full inventories
  • Feedback: Elongata: Would it be possible to have Elongata be respawnable without a delay if it despawned (due to killing everyone) with the 5 minute cooldown still be applied if it was killed
  • Feedback: Settings: Setting audio levels is amazing, thank you

Addendum (Issues noticed while reviewing footage):

• Minor Bug: Quest UI: “spider” in the quest log is lower case whereas other mob names are upper
  • Minor Bug: Quest: It appears the name of Adolescent Pigman is truncated in the journal to “Slay Adolescent Pig”
  • Minor Bug: Quest: May or may not be a bug, but the journal calls out “Lizard Adolescent” rather than “Lizard Man Adolescent” which makes it sounds like you need to kill a young normal lizard
  • Bug: UI: Not all mobs and NPCs had names above their heads, it was very inconsistent
  • Bug: Icelance: Damage pop-ups on Icelance still overlap, making them impossible to read (at least on crits)
2 Likes