Another mentor system suggestion

I know there’s an old post about it but my idea is a bit different.

I’ve been playing a game call Vindictus. And thought their mentor system would work great in orbus because how we communicate in VR.

When you first login to the game you are thrown in it with guardian Bart and a training dummy. But what if you have an option to request summon an experienced player into the instance with you and show you how the game works?

You get an option and if you click ok, all level 20s in the world that is online and not in any raids or dungeons would get a notice to except the summon or not. And the first person to click that except button would be teleported to the same instance with the new player and being able to help him or her better than any written tutorial that the game can provide.

And it’s a cool way to meet some new players.

1 Like

… Or a very good way to ruin the game for someone early on, depending on how good someone is at explaining.

I don’t understand what you mean by ruin the game for someone else. Most people who are willing to help the nubs are very experienced in the game and was/is doing a great job at teaching others how to play the game.

Nice idea, but isn’t that just what the queue is supposed to do, at least once incentives for lvl 20 come? So far I never been in a group of only low levels, the majority were 20s even.

As for the earliest time of joining the queue, with a gearless level 1 or 2 dungeons can be awfully frustrating. I’d suggest level 5 as minimum, then some mobs have already been successfully killed, so it is not a major issue moving your weapons the right way or casting a spell and also because setting the very first talent (like provoke-heal for warriors) can make a big difference.

As for being helpful well… that depends, I had groups simply not thinkin about telling the poor low level to use go to graveyard so they were left behind. Better communication options would likely help with this, like group chat always being active when in a group without using the compass.

I guess what I was trying to get across is that doing something like this will make the entry to the game more unbalanced; some people may have a great experience while others will not. Granted, right after they leave the tutorial, they’ll be in Highsteppe where everyone congregates anyway, but the tutorial and beginning of any game sets the tone for the rest of the person’s experience.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.