Arcane ray and super charge ability rune mage

I’ve tried using arcane ray and the rune mages super charge ability. I’m assuming you shoot them at the enemy at close range. However, neither does any damage. How should they work?

I’ve experienced this both on the Quest 2 standalone and using the link.

They are both shorter range, but if you toggled weapon adjustment then the aim could be off.

That’s interesting. Would the talent allowing the off-hand to control a spell impact accuracy as well?

I don’t believe so, as the spell doesn’t actually get launched off the wand, it’s just a beam coming off of it.

Ok. I’ll try it again. I’ve tried aiming high and low, but never left and right tweaks due to weapon adjustments.

Weapon adjust screws it up and beam attacks come out of the tip of the wand if you did not do any adjusting.

1 Like

Ok. I wouldn’t have thought it’d make that much of a difference. I’d expect the ray to deal damage based from the tip of the wand regardless of adjustments. I’ll be on tonight and try it.

That is at least how we understand it right now, regular adjust means its aimable and changing the position does not alter firing angle (it seems to be based on the wand adjust others see aka default)

I tried it again last night and it did no damage. I aimed high, low, left, right, and directly at the target. No damage was dealt.

When i do it i basically stick my wand and my lend a hand in the there chest. Hits for some pretty high damage. Very situational depending on the boss. Have hit 160k with it before though.

I’ll try that next. Seems broken if your hands must be in the chest lol.

Just to follow up. I tried getting close and almost putting my hands through an enemy worked. I was able to use arcane ray and the supercharged ability. Having said that, it would be nice if the range of the spell was tied more to the graphic that goes with it. It’s just not apparent what the distance required to cast the spell is.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.