Arms different lengths/

Hello everyone!

I have mentioned this before, but it was quite a long time ago now in Beta I think and it was buried amidst a load of other bugs reported around that time. But it’s still a thing for me, and so i thought i would mention it again.

This is most noticible to me at the log in stage, but my characters hands when i look at them in the mirror at the beginning are different heights. As if one of my arms is longer than the other.

I don’t seem to be able to do anything about it, and restarting the game doesn’t make any difference.

I wonder if other players are seeing this bug. I am playing using the oculus rift and touch, and i don’t recall the problem being there in late Alpha early Beta. It appeared i think around the middle of Beta and hasn’t gone away yet.

I did previously post a gameplay video to demonstrate, but if it helps i can post another.

Any idea’s devs? Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

I noticed that aswell. I´m using rift and Touch too but I thought it´s an issue with my tracking system. What I mean is that the sensors are at an different angle maybe and that´s why they don´t get the exact same height for the “hands”

Happens on the vive too. There is something off in the mirroring on the character selection screen.

So is it just the reflection that’s off? Or is it actually in game also? I will log in and see if i can figure it out.

I know it’s off on character select because of the way it’s mirrored there, but it seems much more 1 to 1 in-game.

I do know that there is some serious weirdness with the way all avatar heights are normalized, but hands are not, so being a particularly tall dude, apparently I have a condition everyone has taken to calling “neckhands” where my hands are always neck or head height on me to others. Very disturbing.

1 Like

Awesome. Neck hands! LOL!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.