Artificing Discipline

Good day all!
I would like to start this post by saying that I have only known about this game for around a week and would love to participate in the next stress test.
I have never engaged in a forum before but I am so interested by this game that I felt that I had to get involved with this community.

Back to the topic, I have been looking at the website and I noticed the two resource disciplines Alchemy and Artificing that weren’t in the last stress test.
Personally, I am not interested in the Alchemy discipline but I am very intrigued by the Artificing discipline. Being in a blacksmith type of role in an MMO world and supplying fellow players with gear and enchants would be so awesome.

So I wanted to ask, what are your plans for the Artificing discipline?

Well, what’s on the site right now is pretty much what’s set in stone at this point (i.e. not much!)

Likely the Artificing discipline prototype will be a part of the Alpha but not the next stress test.

You can see a video here showing some really early work I did, some of the mechanics shown here will likely be part of Artificing, in addition to the blacksmithing type of stuff and the enchanting type of stuff:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, that sounds good and I totally understand wanting to get the basics right before moving on to different things.

I really like the style of the crafting shown in the video, it seems very suited to VR and opens up all kinds of possibilities.
The idea of being able to create little companion like objects, just like the airship in the video, is pretty sweet.

Maybe there could also be the ability to enchant these items so they have a function (such as storage, gathering or maybe even stat boosting properties amongst others) rather than being purely cosmetic.

Either way, I’m excited but very patiently waiting to see what you guys add to the game in the future.