Backing the Game after Kickstarter

It’s probably still too early to go into much detail, but would “strategic value” imply that the house won’t just be for aesthetic purposes, it’ll also have storage space, work areas and probably crafting areas as well? That’d be neat. :slight_smile:

So the house is where you chest is, which is where you can store your tradable items so you aren’t carrying them around. So for example if you got a tradable item from the Wilds, your goal is to get it back to your house where you can store it until you’re ready to sell it or craft with it.

I also think your house is where you’re going to end up doing a lot of your crafting. I do like the idea of having like shared crafting spaces because I think it could be really cool to have say a forge where people are coming to do crafting work and can chat and whatnot while they’re doing it, but at the same time some of the crafting professions (like Alchemy) need a lot of space to work in. So I think the main crafting will be done in the house (in your own private space), but then we might have some steps that require a ‘specialized tool’ or something that would be in a more public area. Not totally sure yet.

3 Likes

Cool. That’s the sort of thing I was thinking of - you have your own personal space where you can put together basic items, food stuffs and generally be prepared for every day questing/adventures, but more advanced recipes/weapons/armour, etc. would require more specialized equipment/larger working areas that would only be communally available in town.

Depending on how money is obtained (direct drops from mobs or from selling loot drops), such communal equipment could be rented out from NPCs for a small fee that is proportional to the level/difficulty of the item being produced (just an idea).

Of course, these are just ideas. There is still a long way to go before any of this is in the game. :smiley:

Also I have a question about housing. Will you be able to decorate your house with furniture and things like that in the future, and will you be able to invite other players into your house?

Custom furniture was the $50,000 Kickstarter stretch goal so I’m sure we’ll be able to decorate our houses with furniture. The stretch goal itself wasn’t reached, so we won’t be able to do it at launch, but it will most likely be possible sometime in the future.

It would be nice if we could invite people into our houses, but that probably won’t happen until at least the housing system is set up and running.

Edit:
Since this thread was initially about backing the game after the Kickstarter campaign, I created a thread dedicated to housing and furniture so we don’t need to hijack the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Your good, looks like there’s three tiers and you get the top one being an epic founder!! I’m pumped cause I didn’t think i was going to either and had to check it out!

Circling back around to the original topic of this post, if you missed out on the Kickstarter you can now back the game and get access to the Closed Alpha/Beta if you want to, or you can pre-order the game now at a discount.

If you go to your Account page, if you’re on the Free Account, you’ll now see a button that says “Upgrade Your Account.” Clicking it will bring up a payment form where you can choose your tier and then pledge.

The available tiers are Backer (which gets you the game for $30 now before the price increases later), Founder, Epic Founder, and Merchant. We’re not offering the other tiers at this time (such as Inner Circle, Legendary Founder, or Loremaster). The price of the tiers are the same as the non-Early Bird tiers from Kickstarter, and they do come with most of the stuff from the Kickstarter, such as the House Deed and Fellowship Certificate. However, they do not come with the Pet Dragon or confetti cannon that the Kickstarter backers will receive, since those were KS-only rewards.

Let me know if anyone runs into any trouble while pledging, but it should be pretty straightforward. Thanks!

6 Likes

Is it possible to upgrade to merchant or higher if you are already an epic founder?

2 Likes

I will add some code today so that you can upgrade from Backer -> Founder/Epic, Founder -> Epic/Merchant, Epic -> Merchant, while getting credit for your previous tier.

We aren’t offering anything higher than Merchant, though, going forward.

3 Likes

So no chance to go to Mythic then? :wink:

Haha, not anymore :slight_smile:

I have just pushed out the code to enable those upgrades between tiers.

So now if you are a Backer, you can pay the $20 difference to become a Founder, or the $70 difference to become an Epic Founder. Same thing for Founder -> Epic Founder or Merchant.

I did not put in code to upgrade from the Epic Founder tier (or Loremaster) to Merchant, since there were so many different Epic Founder levels and Early Birds and whatnot, and my assumption is that there will be very few people who want to go higher than Epic Founder. If you do want to upgrade from Epic Founder or Loremaster to Merchant, send me a PM and we can work something out.

3 Likes

I’m confused on the founder stuff. So I got the “epic founder” pack, is that the same as what the $100 kickstarter backer is?
Thx!
Ps. Can’t wait!

Yes, except you only get alpha access and above and not all the other kickstarter rewards

If you backed the Epic Founder off the website (not during the Kickstarter), you get:

• Closed Alpha
  • Closed Beta
  • Copy of the game when it launches
  • Fellowship Certificate
  • House Deed
  • Epic Founder hat / Founder hat / Backer hat

Notably, you don’t get the Dragon pet that was included via the Kickstarter stretch goals, as that was a Kickstarter-exclusive item.

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, sorry for the misinformation then. Thought that it was only alpha access.

No worries. It’s listed on the upgrade form too so people know what they’re getting but you can’t see that since you’re already an Epic Founder.

When’s the last day I can upgrade from the 30$ base game to the founder? I want to wait until the end of the month… is the last day going to be the 17th to upgrade?

No you’ll be able to upgrade from Backer (Base Game) -> Founder at any time. The only thing that’s changing on the 18th is that the cost of becoming a base level backer will increase $10.