Bad performance report

I preface this with, I play in Oculus quest. There were several things wrong with my experience tonight:

I finally attempted my first dungeon tonight. I joined a group and we went into the sewers (?). A couple of the group crashed a few times. I crashed twice as well. (The game shut down and sent me to the login lobby thing.) One guy left cause his battery died; so we got a 5th and switched to Lich King. During this one, one of the guys crashed three or four times. I had lag but managed to stay connected this time. Just before lich King, I lost my voice chat. I couldn’t hear anyone talking and they couldn’t hear me. We managed to beat it by some miracle(the miracle being our 5th guy knew what he was doing lol), but without voice chat it was difficult to know what was going on.

So that’s my report. I don’t think it’s my wifi cause the others were disconnecting too. I’ll keep trying but it seems like doing dungeons is a rough ride for Quest users right now.

Unfortunately, what you describe, we experience almost every time we try to do dungeons.
Another side effect of this, players (new especially) get annoyed, or don’t understand what’s going on, some of them think we are playing tricks on them and they leave. Sometimes we manage to beat it and other times we don’t. Sometimes one by one, the whole group re-logs and it eventually fixes some of these things and sometimes not. Then you throw in other bugs like the weapons getting stuck or not working at all and the experience can be frustrating at times.
I’ve started reporting the bugs that I see in game. Like i’ve said before, I am barely able to play as I am constantly filing in bug reports. I played for a total of 1.5 hours yesterday and I must of filed about 8 bug reports. (this was a good day)
I know the dev’s are working on fixing it so I encourage you to keep filing these reports! We are all just crossing our fingers that these bugs get fixed soon.

1 Like

We’re sorry for the subpar experience. We’re currently continuing to work through the errors and crashes we’re logging through our new backend error reporting and we hope that we can get some of these Quest crashes fixed soon.

With regards to your party member who got kicked out multiple times, I would let them know to look into the home WiFi bands issue described here: Oculus Quest FAQ and Common Issues/Workarounds as that sounds more likely with that frequency. We know that’s helped quite a few people in the past if that is the situation.

1 Like

I disabled my 5.1ghz wifi tonight. Now I only have the 2.4. That seems to have made things worse. I got the white box disconnect every 5-10 minutes. Most of my crashes only happened while I was wandering highstepp town or fields. I did manage to do three dungeons, and I only disconnected twice; Once in the first and once in the third. I lost my voice chat in the first dungeon after logging back in.

I might try enabling my 5.1ghz tomorrow and connecting my quest to it to see how that goes. Maybe the 2.4 network it not strong enough for the quest? I don’t know.

Let us know what happens and if you notice a difference with it.

Tonight’s update:

So far so good. I’ve played about 45 minutes so far. I haven’t had a single disconnect or high latency that I’ve noticed. I haven’t noticed as many people on tonight either though so that might be a factor.

I also changed a few things around. I re enabled and renamed the 5.1ghz. I kept the Quest connected to the 2.4 to see how it would go. I unplugged my Amazon echo dot, and moved a baby monitor I had nearby to the other side of the room. I’m thinking now that these two things could have been interfering with my Quest connection; particularly the echo dot. That thing is always spying on me :male_detective:.

I’ll probably be playing another 3 hours or so. Hopefully this improvement will be permanent.

A few things pop into my head, if it is the wireless, perhaps your neighbours arent’ too active tonight. Perhaps it is your service with your provider that is more stable for some reason today.
keep an eye out for it cause I think it is a fluke. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While some issues are experienced by quest users and wireless are legit. I am hared wired, using the Rift S and I still experience these issues. So I am not fully convinced that this is fully solved.
There are wireless issues and then there are in-game issues. One needs to be able to differentiate.

I remember that- It took awhile to solo that after everyone else d/c’d / crashed.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.