Bard Overpowered in PvP

The Bard is insanely overpowered for Battlegrounds. In 1 Vs 1 combat they are not a big deal but the bigger the fight gets the more dangerous the Bard becomes since they can heal multiple members of their team and damage multiple opponents at the same time. After someone locks into combat with them they don’t even need to see their opponent to do damage, they can hit you through walls and whatever else. When versing a Bard I have to have my renew orb and healing turret on me to heal through their damage because it’s so severe, and that’s the damage they are doing to me while they hit other players and heal other members of their team all at the same time. If you halved their damage and halved their heals I don’t think it would be a large enough nerf, they are far more overpowered than the original Musketeer for PvP. Here is a screenshot of their damage and heals, I’m sure you can figure out Semz is the Bard, and it’s like that every round. He’s healing for over 10 times what Musketeers are healing for and he’s out damaging almost all of the DPS in every round.

2 Likes

Sidenote on this, the musky is currently broken, not sure if it affects PvP or is a level-scaling issue, but you see visually that the heals are way too weak. Other than that I might try the Bard again, it looks pretty attractive to me :grin:

(Can we get a scoreboard like this on PvE dungeon runs, too??)

Edit: Other than that it is a bit early to judge capabilities from this data. Current players are mostly fooling around with their classes, trying new ones out for couple hours max not taking things, including the battlegrounds, too seriously, some might only take a look at BG without really playing. SemZ is one of the few focusing and playing lots hours on the Bard to perfect it, iirc from forums, but this is rather exceptional in the Beta.

Thanks for your input Metris.

As far as I know the only thing that’s wrong with the Musketeer is the fact that it’s not spawning into the Battlegrounds with a cure wounds orb which isn’t going to make me heal for almost a million and out DPS the DPS classes. We were definitely just messing around having fun in the Battlegrounds, but at the same time we had some real good PvPers in there. Gundrakk, Shiki, and myself are all ranked in the top 5 for PvP wins so I wouldn’t say we are inexperienced when it comes to PvP. But you’re right about Semz, he has been working very hard on his Bard and I’m thankful he joined my guild, it’s great to have members in Carnage that are as dedicated as Semz is. With that said, everyone in our Battlegrounds group including Semz agreed that the Bard is way overpowered. The main reason I made this post is because the devs made a post a while back saying the Bard may be unbalanced in its current state so I decided to create this post to confirm it’s extremely unbalanced for PvP in the Battlegrounds and listed the reasons why in my first post and included screenshots of the extreme damage and heals the Bard is doing. If a class can out DPS the DPS and out heal the Healers it’s very clearly overpowered.

1 Like

Good to know, I’m not surprised it may be unbalanced since we have to balanced anything yet.

1 Like

The issue which I got (in any game) is the difference between PvE and PvP. I don’t feel the Bard is OP in PvE, at all, I got it to lvl 7 out of curiosity today (and to level 5 on two chars in last Beta) but it feels just like any other class I level in the Beta, not harder, not easier.
But this point is likely taken into account, up to the point that PvP and PvE need to be treated differently.

Agreed, they are definitely different. That’s why I specifically labelled this post “Bard Overpowered in PvP.” I haven’t had the opportunity to test it at all in PvE so I have no idea if it’s overpowered in PvE yet.