Battle Resurrection

I just want to know why Musketeer can instantly revive a player in battle by just wasting their turret and lifewell orb for a reagent but a runemage cannot revive during battle.

Cooldown is 20 minutes. Imho that’s a bit long, prob should be more like 10.

I feel that if mages could instantly resurrect people in battle, there’d be no challenge when a party member dies. As a healing class, I think that giving musketeers the ability to resurrect where a mage cannot was a great addition. The cool down is pretty long, but I’m okay with that. It helps keep it a bit balanced.

4 Likes

Short answer, because the Musketeer is more of a support class than the Runemage class.

Long answer, because the spell was added long ago and it wasn’t supposed to be in battle. But as the game developed and talents got added the Developers were looking for new things that Muskies could do. And the niche and expectations of the players was more concrete. As such the Muskies got a unique ability that had battle implications whilst Runemages kept the old things it had. The question in my opinion is rather why do mages still have a revive? Which is more easier to understand the answer to. And hence why we have two classes that can revive although they have different types of utility.

1 Like

Also the battle res it’s not really instantly, if you used your lifewell you have to wait a pretty long cooldown to be able to battle res while mages could cast a res even in 3 seconds or less if they’re quick enough.

I prefer it the way it is now, as the combat res the musketeers have is a single target one with a long cooldown, while mages can revive multiple people with a single reagent without having a cooldown, so after a fight, it is better to use a mass revive in case there are multiple casualties (also if you don’t want to waste the musketeer cooldown). So I think it’s best to have both in game while limiting the mass revive to work only out of combat

1 Like

Actually there is a cooldown/timer, on players though, and it also applies for the battle res so if a player been ressed normally before I can’t lifewell-res him anytime soon.
Which is why we rarely res anyone outside fights in dungeons (except perhaps the muskie) to not spoil the musk battle res and I wonder if that’s really intended, perhaps those 2 cooldowns should not overlap.

what I meant is that if someone is going down, and a musketeer uses battle res, it would put the battle res on a 20 minute cooldown, making it impossible to revive someone else in the party that would die, also the resurrection timer on a player is 10 minutes, which is significantly shorter than the 20 minute cooldown for the musketeer. Also when you are trying to finish the dungeon in time or even make new record, using res can be a really important tactical decision, you can spare a few extra minutes with resurrecting rather than running back, though it’s mostly useful if you are certain you can take down the boss without dying.

I’m not saying the game is flawless, but I do think that this resurrection is well balanced right now and both of them can be used depending on the situation

1 Like

Think muskies should rez for free :+1: their cd is punishment enough.

4 Likes

that would upset the balance

Highly doubt that a muskie that can resurect withou using a Runemage Reagent would upset the balance much, personally I find it odd they use a mages reagent at all.

1 Like

I mean, it does help the economy to keep the reagent requirement.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.