Beta 2 World PVP and Battlegrounds Feedback

Yes it’s intended you drop loot right now from any source, we may make that only happen if you have been damaged by a Player in e.g. the last few minutes or something though.

By teleporter do you mean your Home Teleporter?

You can teleport to the ledge around the top of the base in battlegrounds but can’t teleport down, if you try to heal yourself while up there the heals will go on the ground below without healing you

there were ramps but i didnt have time to get proper colliders in for spells and orbs to collide with the upper story so I removed the ramps. Ill be reworking the level before the next test.

2 Likes

yes home teleporter is disabled when you turn world pvp on

If you have world PvP on, you can be attacked while doing a dragon race. I don’t know about making all race areas safe zones, but it might be nice if you were considered “safe” while controlling your dragon. If not, perhaps include a warning when starting a race while PvP is on which lets you know your body will be vulnerable while you are racing.

So far, I am liking the battleground a lot. As others mentioned, a better way to see who controls what would be nice, but it is absolutely critical that the ability to teleport through walls is addressed. If it isn’t, I don’t see battlegrounds being very successful without everyone agreeing to not wall teleport/lean. Also, the battleground is very samey, flat, and boring. It would be nice to change the scenery slightly around each point so that it is easier to tell where you are. I would also like to see some of the points be different from each other, rather than just square walls. It would be interesting to include things like cover and verticality in pvp map design.

Just to make sure this is noted so people know, we are planning to add a system in to address this (not just in Battlegrounds but in the whole game). I’m not sure when it will be in exactly, hopefully next test, but it is on the way, so it will no longer be possible to walk into walls, ground, etc. (e.g. your screen will turn black and the server will force you to move out of them).

4 Likes

I haven’t been able to try the battlegrounds yet, it looks like there’s a bug where the queue cancel itself after a while (we queued up as a group of 4 a few times and were doing quests while waiting for the queue to fill but later we found we weren’t in queue anymore, for apparently no reason).

By any chance did your party change at all, and it may have slipped your mind? You get kicked out of the queue when your add or remove people from the party.

Another possibility is something messed up when it found you a match, and you never joined it. I’ll probably add some text notification that players will get when they get kicked out of queue for whatever reason, or they find a match. Then if something weird is happening, you guys can report it with some more detail.

I do know when we tested the matchmaking with only 6 people (teams if 3), we had one instance where something messed up. We had the 6 of us queue up as parties of 2-2-1-1. So teams should split into 2-1 vs 2-1. However, when the match started, one party of 2 never joined, and the teams in the match were 2 vs 1-1. So something similar may have happened with your group.

So has anyone done a match with where no one quit out, but it started with less than 8 people?

After we did one of the premade 4v4 groups we all left party and queued up solo to see if that worked as Kamina said he was having trouble getting into battlegrounds when we saw him earlier on when we bumped in to him.

we joined up and when we entered we had 1 person instantly leave, it wasn’t someone on our discord so I can’t confirm it but I think it might possibly have been a crash, if you log out while in a battleground it kicks you out, also there was 1 person who was afk for the whole game so it became 2v4, krunk left to even the numbers out which put it back to 2v3 but I was very tired and a little drunk so I also left which made it 1v3

I think it would be good if you could have it so if there is a game running and someone is afk for the 1st minute of the game then they get auto booted and then if there is someone missing from a team then it will pull a new player in from the queue to even the teams out and make it so players can more actively get into battlegrounds

When Me and Shiki had a group of 4 in the que it took us out without ever changing the party

I’m a huge fan of the BG so far!

Rickness did a great job of listing the issues with it already.

2 Likes

Really enjoy the BG. I’m not normally a big pvp fan, but BG making everyone ‘equal’ at least in stats was a nice change. Going in knowing you have a team and you won’t be backstabbed while working together to distract the enemy team and take their points. This is what Orbus was missing. PvP is fun. It’s all about how it’s setup.

2 Likes

I completely agree! I’m not a fan of world PvP but I’ve had so much fun with the battlegrounds

1 Like

Please do implement it in the beta, and add a extream walled area so we get to test it properly

Sticky walls moving with me, unreachable corners, and sudden unavidable screen blackouts when you try to walk past obsticles has made me quit several vr games, including dungeon knight.

Not beeing able to reach something you can see is extremely frustrating.

I prefer the one where you can walk into the wall, but that sends you into a seperet eternal wall dimension :-p

Finally did some battlegrounds today and i completely love it!
There is a bug at the Flag 2 where you can teleport on top of the walls and be stuck there until you die

The teleported not working at all for world pvp is a real pain, if your far of in some corner of the map, or get stuck.

Especially when I just forgot to turn it off :-p

Also there should be a warning floating in the air again when you leave highstep with pvp on.

Maybe a alternative pvp teleport that takes you to a none safe zone 3-5 min walk from highstep? Or that you can teleport by leaving your items behind?

Is there a level scale set for world pvp? I seem to one-shot low levels, and they do almost no damage to me.

That indicates it’s not scaled

There probably should be , I get the feeling world pvp is not ment to have level 30 players killing all the starters trying the world pvp function for the first time

I mean, that’s the risk of having PvP on, if a low level can gank a high level, whats the point of levelling up in that case

2 Likes