Beta 6 Patch 2.75

We’ve got a new client and server-side patch that will be live in about an hour with the following fixes and changes:

• Bards can now play notes from their instruments even if they are ready to crescendo. This allows you to keep your power bar filled up.
  • Fixed a bug which would cause Bard instruments to show as having a crescendo ready after you switched to a different active instrument.
  • Increased Paladin base aggro generation. In addition, there is now an additional bonus to aggro generation when you attack an enemy after using your empowerment libram that boosts your next attack.
  • If you have the swipe-down gesture enabled for opening the menu, we’ve made changes to how that works. If you have a SteamVR headset (e.g. Vive or Windows MR), you now must pull the trigger while swiping. On Rift headsets, you must be holding the grip button (so the finger is fully extended) to activate the gesture.
  • The damage of Scav Mages has been reduced slightly.
  • Fishing rods should now work again for reeling; we are still making some final tweaks to the initial positioning of the rod after you grab it but they should be usable again.
  • Fixed a bug where you could summon your mount on accident while holding a tool in your hand.
  • Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause Shaman totems to stop appearing on the belt after deploying them.
  • Fixed weekly missions not being detected properly for the “New Missions Available” icons while in Highsteppe.
  • Scoreboards for Dragon Pet races should now start showing up properly again.

I’ll update this thread when the new client is available to download. Thanks!

3 Likes

Server-side pieces of this are now live, working on getting client-side out the door here shortly.

Client-side patch is out now as well: https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.75.zip

Patch 2.76 will go out in about an hour. Changes in this patch include:

• Shaman totems should now be capable of spawning even if you throw them on top of another already-spawned totem or a pet.
  • Wildlife now have a high chance to drop fishing lure parts, and fishing lure parts in regular enemies have been increased as well.
  • There is a new “Hand Size” option in the Graphics settings menu. If you choose “Large” the size of your hands will be increased back to around what they were in original Orbus. Also your “grab interaction radius” is increased proportionally. This does not affect combat or weapon sizes.
  • Also made a slightly adjustment to the controller tracking for Vive so it’s a little better lined up in general.
  • The distance threshold for the “mount summoning” gesture has been increased a bit so you don’t have to bring your controllers too close together anymore.
  • Made Wildlife mobs a twidge easier to kill.
  • Using stuns to interrupt bosses and elite enemies in dungeons is now working properly for e.g. the Runemage pushback spell, Musketeer gravity orb, and some other abilities that weren’t working before.
  • Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause Musketeer orbs to not collide and explode properly if they hit some objects in-game.
  • Monsters will no longer not go after you if you are too far away to begin with, instead they will now attempt to reach you and then leash back home if they get too far from home. (Testing this out, we may revert this if it makes it too easy to cheese content).
  • Monster chase distance in the overworld increased from 50 to 60 meters.

Server-side patch and client-side patch should be out soon. Thanks!

4 Likes

Server-side changes are out now, still baking client-side patch but should be about 30-40 minutes.

Other peoples mounts are showing as the wrong mount, I remember this happened in original orbus when mounts/cash shop was released (dunno if that helps with fixing it)

Mission interface is still not updating when you turn quests in still

Expert mode raid cape seems to be the only cape that doesn’t show up, it’s just white

Still can’t interact with Raid pets (they are getting hungry)

just logged in and (WMR) can’t get gesture menu to open even if I pull trigger or grip now

On the mounts are you seeing any sort of patterns at all or anything? Or it just seems like it’s random what mount gets assigned to each person?

Just double-checking but did you re-enable it in the Settings menu if you disabled it there? WMR should work like Vive so it should be pull trigger then swipe down.

Okay nevermind I checked and it’s broken. Sorry about that…not sure what went wrong. I will see about getting that patched up quickly.

It seemed like it would show a mount someone else was using, when me and potato were using our 1mil mounts yesterday some of us was seeing rockabella on one when she didn’t own one

1 Like

Did the client side update already get pushed? I did get an update from last time I checked but no “Hand Size” option in the menu?

No it hasn’t yet, I was just confused, ignore me. About 30 more minutes though, sorry my upload speed is slow right now for some reason.

not all of the kill mobs have the symbol. at the very least the horde do not, neither does collossus.

i’m also having an issue where sometimes on hills, the teleport radius falls behind and you have to wait multiple seconds for it to figure out where you are.

Okay two hours later this patch is finally out, sorry for the delay:

https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.77b.zip

Thanks!

should glitches in the last 10 mins be considered patch related? my char got stuck suddenly unable to shoot outside his own hitbox, and unable to grab his deck (haha) etc. I took a vid but if it was the patch going live no biggie, I am restarting now

Hmmm no it might be an actual bug, go ahead and send me the video in a PM or at [email protected]

back to being able to shoot myself again as a ranger

ok shot the video via email. Other notes were that when the event finished I levelled and received a chest, but didn’t see indications of either (nothing in inventory) until I relogged. Also I couldn’t pick up loot bags they’d just drop on the ground, it was like I was crashed but didn’t crash… I still saw players running around.