Beta 6 Patch Notes

even without spreading dots, a single arcane blast does more dmg than an entire fire arrow. the mobs on the second boss only take about 1/3 of their health over the course of the aoe. With a 45 second cd, it should kill those mobs in one shot, especially if i can kill 10 of them with my normal rotation in that time period…

no, a single arcane explosion with a t14 wand does almost 3k damage on a perfect cast, a fire arrow from a t10 bow with 6 globes up does roughly 1350 damage per tick, it does 6 ticks for an overall 8k damage

The other big problem with fire arrow is you have to give up another arrow to use it. Mages don’t have to give up anything to use AoE. In order to make fire arrow comparable to what mages can do rangers would need a 3rd arrow slot and the cool down of fire arrow would need to be about 1 second.

if you dont have globes, it does 35% less, or 1000 per tick… for a total of 6k. Obviously i was wrong on the actual amount, but that is only 500ish, compared to the 1.5k ish dps on the arcane blast.

Plus, you arent discounting the amount of damage i would have done had i had a piercing or poison arrow instead.

I’m not trying to defend fire arrow or anything I was just correcting you, but yeah, it’s really shit either way and a 25% damage boost isn’t going to help

yea, the only things that wil really help with this are:

1. more arrow slots
  2. significantly shorter cd (on par with piercing). This way we can use it for ads for its garbage (but at least added) dps. As it stands, even on aoe damage, the piercing arrow is significantly more dps than the fire arrow. There’s no reason to use it, ever.

while we are at it, can we also get a frost arrow?

Should just have a way to switch between all the arrows in combat.

Probably not. What if someone was trying to level up a lower level class? Then they wouldn’t be able to use missions to level up that class.

Super excited about all these changes and features you added. Can’t wait to check them all out.

by grabbing the quests and then switching class afterwards. I think he was saying that the level requirement for a quest should use your highest class level instead of your current class level. (i think it was already like that last beta)

2 Likes

Iirc, it was exactly that way.

Oh haha, I assumed they were talking about turning them in because yeah, missions should already be unlocked based on your highest level class, NOT based on your currently equipped class.

One second might be too low considering the arrow’s travel time and even if a rapidity ranger would hit with a charged shot within the first second, he would do +35% damage (or 70% with the “two for one”) compared to the +50/100% damage a precision ranger would do from 40+ meters. That seems a lot of damage difference to me, is it intended that precision will be so much better?

Is it 14% with 5 or 6 globes? What’s the % increase per single globe?

As others have stated, this won’t affect anything.
I don’t see anything regarding the trap, is it still planned a change to it?

How many pvp resources are there compared to pve, is it 1:1 or less? Will there be no reward to fish with pvp enabled?

this is already an issue with tilesets… it should be 1 second to when it leaves your bow, but it probably wont be and just continue to be an annoying issue we have to work around.

Will there be a way to see the in game achievements? Was previously said you were hoping to get them in the journal, is anything like that going to be happening?

I mean, this is the kind of feedback we’re open to, but you should probably wait and get in game to play it first and see how it feels in terms of 1 second being long enough or not; I think the general thinking is that the precision 40 meters+ Rangers would have a lower success rate than the rapidity Rangers at actually hitting the target.

Also keep in mind on the 35% vs 50%, you get weak points nearly twice as often.

We are still considering changes to the trap but nothing is set in stone yet.

The PvP nodes are definitely not 1:1, we are still playing with the final tuning but most likely there will be around 15-25% “extra” nodes available in each area that are PvP-only.

Regarding Fire Arrow, we may still end up making further changes there, this was literally just a “Oh the Shaman Fire totem is doing X so the Ranger’s Fire Arrow needs to do X” balancing change.

These will have corresponding Steam and Oculus achievements as well, although that is off right now.

Moving out of danger areas never left the game. We decided to scrap the old “red area” patterns (e.g. long column, sphere, etc.) since they never worked well, but making you stay on your toes and pay attention to your position on the battlefield is a core mechanic of the game.

Generally speaking we are trying to move away from the old behaviour of the Warrior just spamming Provoke. Part of that will be innate aggro boosts for both Warrior and Paladin, but just generally speaking we’d like aggro management to be more about tank swaps, aggro drops from bosses, picking up adds, correct positioning, etc.

So an update on this, after testing it out last night we decided for now to just remove the old behaviour of having you unsheathe the arrow. It’s really not hard to put your hand in the right spot to draw back the arrow from the bow and it was a little confusing having it both ways. That said, we’re open to feedback on it when everyone plays it and we’ll see what the community thinks.

@Riley_D Will the Move-out-of-AOE be again this annoying unnatural teleporting or is there enough time to avoid it with only normal moving. I hate the teleportation crap. It doesnt feels right to teleport out of an boss hit.

Teleporting is in 1st place for people which feels sick with normal movement. Please don’t coordinate the encounters to be too reliable on teleport. It will destroy the feeling for dungeon crawling and raiding as you avoid every shit with only pushing one button and teleporting away. It’s a really boring mechanic.

I could live with the weak point giveing a additional damage spread on a hit. How about that @Riley_D ?

Would probably still scrap fire arrow unless it has some massive changes. At the moment it has a 30 sec cooldown, affects a rather small compared to mage aoe, tends to cause lag, and allows most enemies to walk out of it within one tick. It would need some mssive burn effect stacks, debuffs, slowes and a larger aoe to be a competitor with ether poison or piercing arrow.

A couple of changes that we snuck in at the last minute this morning:

• Fixed the bug where if you pass an item between your hands (e.g. during Alchemy) it will get stuck on your hand.
  • Added a new feature where if you hold the grip button on an item (e.g. your Fishing rod) for 1 second without moving your hand very far, it will become “sticky” and stay on your hand after you release the Grip button. Just press the Grip button again to release.
7 Likes

Speaking of aggro drops from bosses, what exactly would that entail? Similar to current alma sprite/Sentry re-aggroing to other people?