Beta 6 will begin tomorrow at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time. Note that it is likely the download for this beta won’t be available until tomorrow morning since we are starting it on Monday rather than Friday and it will last such a long time.
Here are the current patch notes:
- There are now mission indicators which will appear in Highsteppe if you have new missions available from a Mission Vendor.
- Weekly Missions will now unlock at Level 5 instead of Level 30, giving you some additional mission XP to spend sooner on alternate classes.
- Missions have been re-worked to unlock at lower levels.
- Loading/black screens have been re-worked to be “smarter” and should result in much less “getting stuck in the void” scenarios.
- Existing Beta characters were wiped; a copy of all current characters from the base OrbusVR game have been imported.
- Soulbound items which drop in Shard Dungeons and Raids will now be temporarily tradable among those who were present when the item dropped, until you leave the instance or logout.
- The Airship Dungeon and Broken Halls have been added to the game, featuring four new bosses.
- Approaching the Dungeon Portal at the base of the tree in Highsteppe will now present a menu of options if you want to enter a specific dungeon.
- There is a new tutorial for the Player Menu that will appear the first time you load into the game and walk you through some basic things like choosing your Locomotion type and equipping an item.
- Lore Quests have been added to the game. These are quests that will unlock as you achieve higher reputation with each Mission Vendor; just press the dialog icon to speak with them and see if you have a lore quest available.
- The Fellowship Hall is now in the game and active, can be entered via the door in the Fellowship Courtyard.
- New recipes have been added for potions for Vitality, Strength, Intellect, Empowered Strikes, and Concentrated Healing which have Level 30 appropriate effects.
- Wildlife enemy types have been added to the Overworld zones; these are more basic enemies which give reduced XP but add some variety to the world.
- A new mechanic has been added called “Weak Points.” These are special spots which appear on monsters approximately once every 5 seconds and provide small targets that can be hit by the Ranger’s arrows. They are unique to each Ranger (e.g. no one else will see them but that Ranger).
- Hitting one of these spots will result in a 20% boost to the damage of that arrow, including Piercing Arrow and Charged Shot damage.
- Hitting an enemy with a Charged Shot will also create a weak spot; hitting an existing weak spot with a Charged Shot counts as both hitting that original weak spot AND immediately generating and hitting an additional spot (so essentially “two for one.”)
- The Ranger no longer holds a standard arrow in their off hand. Instead. simply bringing your open hand close to your bow and pressing Trigger will automatically cause you to have an arrow to use. You still grab special arrows like normal. This allows Rangers to grab loot and use potions in their free hand.
- Ranger hit detection has been totally re-worked following the new mechanisms introduced for e.g. the Scoundrel. You will find that hits are more accurate now, no longer collide with invisible boxes, and generally feel more responsive.
- Introduced two new Level 30 Ranger talents; Critical Aim: Increases the radius of Weak Points, and hitting a weak point from 40+ meters away deals +50% damage instead of +20% damage; Needler: Passive weak points appear every 3 seconds instead of 5, and if you hit a spot within the first second of it appearing, the bonus is increased to 35% damage.
- The damage of Rain of Fire has been increased by 25%.
- The damage of Piercing Arrow has been increased by 10%.
- The damage bonus available from globes has been increased by approximately 14%.
- The Musketeer hit detection has been changed to use the new method. This should result in better responsiveness, more accurate aiming, and better collision detection of e.g. orb shots hitting the ground in the right spot.
- The Musketeer turret now changes modes by pulling the Trigger while holding it rather than shaking the turret.
- Added two new Level 30 Talents for the Musketeer; All For One: Players standing in your Lifewell have their Cure Wounds healing increased by 50%; One For All: Holding your turret for 2 seconds before deploying will supercharge it, doubling its attack/healing and increasing its range by 5 meters, but damage the Musketeer for 50% of their maximum health.
- The Paladin Super Ability, Lay on Hands, has been added to the game. After triggering the Super Ability by pressing both Triggers, hold the Grip button for 1 second on your off hand to engage Lay on Hands. This is a massive self-heal for the Paladin.
- The Paladin’s Taunt ability has been shifted to the Libram of Blessing, while the Paladin’s Call Lightning ability now provides a short 1.5-second buff which greatly increases the amount of damage the Paladin will resist, intended to be used for Tank Buster attack defense.
- The Paladin now generates energy more efficiently, but resists less damage overall.
- The Paladin’s talents have been added to the game:
- Blessing of Attack: Increase the buff of your Libram of Power by 5%.
- Blessing of Encouragement: Your Libram of Blessing effect is increased by 10%.
- Libram of Protection: Your next Libram of Healing increases your energy generation and damage resistance by 5%.
- Libram of Assistance: Your Libram of Healing will now heal the most injured friendly target within 8 meters.
- Defensive: Lay on Hands gives you a 50% Armor buff for 10 seconds.
- Generosity: Your Lay on Hands can now heal other players by touching them when activating it.
- Hammer of Retribution: Your hammer now has an additional offensive capability when pulling the Trigger while pointing at a target.
- Hammer of Forgiveness: Your hammer now has an additional healing capability when pulling the Trigger while pointing at a target.
- Plea of Protection: Once every 30 seconds you can raise your off hand into the air to be granted a 25% increase to damage resistance and energy generation for 10 seconds.
- Plea of Divinity: Once every 10 minutes you can cast Plea of Divinity on an ally. If the target dies while blessed with Plea of Divinity, they will auto-resurrect with 20% health.
- The Shaman Super Ability, Ghost Wolf, has been added to the game. Pressing both Triggers will activate your Super Ability which summons a ghost wolf companion which will fight alongside you for a short time, dealing damage to your enemies.
- Shaman totems can no longer be picked up after they have been deployed (this didn’t do anything other than cause a graphical error before).
- Shaman talents have been added to the game:
- Stunning: Your Stun Totem orb effect lasts for less time, but does increased damage.
- Stay Put: Your Stun Totem orb effect duration is doubled.
- Fire Consumes: Your Fireball will apply a DoT effect to enemies effected by Totemic Weakness.
- Blazing Speed: The Shaman’s base speed is increased by an additional 10% at all times.
- Reach: You can grab orbs off of your totems from a small distance away.
- Longevity: Totems last significantly longer before despawning.
- Strikes Twice: When your Lightning orb critically strikes, it instantly respawns on your totem.
- Totemic Call: Once every 10 seconds, you can point to one of your totems and teleport to it. If you teleport at least 4 meters, you will receive a 4 second buff which increases your damage by 8%.
- All In: The first orb generated by a totem is guaranteed to critically strike.
- Totemic Mastery: If you throw an orb and it expires without hitting a target, it instantly respawns on the totem.
- The Scoundrel Super Ability has been added to the game, Deadly Accuracy. Pulling both Triggers to activate this Super will give you a short time until the Super bar expires during which your bullets will track toward the closest enemy target, regardless of how far off your aim was.
- The Scoundrel talents have been added to the game:
- Full Chamber: When firing a bullet from a fully-loaded gun, your shot has a 10% additional chance to critically strike.
- Slow Burn: Your card buffs last for an additional 2 seconds.
- Stack the Deck: Your card deck now contains seven cards, two of which are the Card of Flames.
- Quick Draw: Your card deck regenerates 10% more quickly than before.
- On the Line: Your damage buff from Level 3 and higher ranks of Showin’ Off is increased by 25%, while your damage from Rank 2 and lower is decreased by 25%.
- Easy Mode: All Rank 1 Showin’ Off shots are upgraded to Rank 2 regardless of distance or curve.
- One Basket: Your gun can now charge up to 4 bullets at a time.
- Break Shot: Shooting a 3-bullet charged show now applies the Break Armor debuff to the target, increasing incoming damage from all sources by 5%. Does not stack.
- True Gambler: Your critical hits add a buff to yourself which increases your critical strike chance by 10%, but increases incoming damage to you by 10% as well. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Guaranteed Win: Every 6th shot is a guaranteed critical strike.
- The Bard has received a significant rework of its base mechanics.
- The Bard’s marimba now has 7 notes instead of 5.
- Existing note patterns for instruments have all been re-worked to offer more variety and utilize all 7 notes.
- The music which played while the Bard was in combat has been removed in favor of just hearing the notes from the marimba itself.
- To de-activate an activated instrument, now you swipe your mallet down through the orb, rather than tapping it. Tapping it will only activate an empowered (crescendo-ready) instrument.
- Collision detection of playing notes has been re-worked to provide much better detection.
- Instrument of Cure Wounds has been implemented, providing a passive boon to nearby allies which increases their incoming healing from all sources, and a crescendo which greatly heals one nearby ally.
- The Bard’s Super Ability, Inspiration has been added. After activating the Super, the Bard will buff all nearby allies with Inspiration, which boosts damage done by 20% and healing received by 20%, for 12 seconds. Those buffed will also receive a debuff which persists through death for 5 minutes which will not allow them to receive the buff again until it expires.
- The Bard’s talents have been added:
- Acoustic Power: Increases the range of your smart heals by 10 meters.
- Reverberate: Increases the range of your passive beneficial effects by 5 meters.
- Song Shield: Your smart heals grant a small Temporary Shield to the affected target.
- Encouraging Note: Any ally affected by a pulse effect from your instruments deals 5% increased damage.
- Solo: Increases the healing of your own healing effects by 20%.
- Chorus: Your Instrument of Cure Wounds increases healing done from all sources by an additional 5% (10% total).
- Upbeat: Notes from your songs will play 10% more quickly.
- Sheet Music: Once every 10 seconds, you will receive credit for a note that you missed.
- Encore: Gives a chance for notes to become empowered, greatly increasing the charge of their crescendo when played.
- Symphony: You can activate an additional instrument, but the notes play at the same time as your existing instruments.
- The way that spell casting and missile tracking works has been redone, and now you will notice that after you have successfully cast a spell, pressing the button again to fully cast it should no longer have a delay, and guiding the missile with your wand will be significantly more responsive.
- The Empowered spell effect now grants a 15% damage boost, and the Runic Diversity talent now grants a 30% damage boost.
- The base damage of all Runemage spells and abilities has been increased by approximately 10%.
- The Warrior’s other Level 30 Talent has been changed to Shield Leech. The Warrior can slam their shield on the ground to activate this ability; for a short time, damage done by the Warrior to enemies will both heal the Warrior and deal damage to their shield, until the buff expires or the shield becomes broken.
- The Warrior’s Shield Slam ability has been re-worked to use better collision detection. In addition, you must now hold the Trigger button on your shield hand in order to cause the stun to occur.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Warrior’s Shield to stop working after death after getting hit once by an enemy.
- A new indicator has been added to the HUD which will automatically appear to let you know if you are standing in a Danger Pool or Exploding Pool during boss fights.
- The Danger Pool and Exploding Pools have been updated to show a very clear indicator of the bounds of the effect.
- Fixed remaining areas where Physical Defense and Magical Defense were still showing as separate stats.
- We have done an initial balancing pass on class combat, but are very interested in hearing feedback from the community regarding combat balance, so please feel free to share that feedback with us during this Beta test.
- Safe zones now allow you to trade items with other players, utilize portals, and use your Teleportation Device.
- Dying in Highsteppe will no longer cause you to lose tradable items even if you have World PvP enabled.
- Rather than rewarding you with additional items from existing resource nodes, instead we have now added additional nodes to the world that are PvP-only. Only players with World PvP enabled can see or harvest these nodes.
- Several new achievements have been added to the game, including Level 8. 20 and 30 Achievements for all classes (including base game classes), new time played achievements, new fishing and gathering achievements. We will be adding many more before launch.
- Rep vendors have been updated with rewards including mounts, capes, and transmog gear which you can now view in their inventory.
- Players are now able to cancel auctions from their auction chest
- Item icons now have tooltips in the auctioneer menu
- There is a 4% AH cut (removed when money is delivered to seller) and a 2% convenience fee (removed when a bid or buyout is placed and returned if bidder is outbid)
- Items can no longer be deposited into the delivery chest (No item at all, even if it is tradable)
- Players that are online when they are outbid will receive a notification telling them they have been outbid
- Posting an item will no longer reset data on other non-posted auctions in the auction chest
- Clicking on an input box in the auctioneer screen or auction chest will produce an empty text box instead of one containing the old information
- Players will now receive a notification when a bid is accepted
- Players can no longer place a higher bid if they are the current high bidder