Beta 6 Shaman Feedback

More things ive thought of/ remembered:
-shield totem isnt implemented yet (not sure if someones already said this)
-theres no way to hide your totems/put them away. you can put away the toolbelt but not the otherway around.

About 1 in 5 totems never produce orbs for me still. Not sure if that was attempted to be fixed yet.

Also, I could be mistaken but it seems like Paladin hammers can be used to shield from Shaman orbs very easily and at no cost.

1 Like

Been playing bard mostly this beta, but decided to level up my shaman after hitting level 30 with bard. I’m currently level 20 and got the totemic call talent. I absolutely love the possibilities with it, but it is somewhat challenging to teleport to the totem’s small entity, so I was wondering if there could be a quality of life change that makes it rather than having to point directly at the totem, if we could teleport to it by pointing in it’s general direction. I was thinking in more of a vertical extension over a horizontal one, as if it was vertical we would still have to point directly at it, just not tilt our hand down in an awkward manner. Either that or you can change the hitbox vertically and horizontally, which would really be helpful.

1 Like

Shaman’s out-of-combat health regen appears to be much lower than other classes.

Fire/Lightning totems are usually ok, but stun totem just doesn’t start producing orbs about 25% of the time.

Seconding the paladin hammer blocking orbs issue. It protects paladins in pvp near completely if held in front of them, and is annoying when trying to throw orbs around a paladin tank in pve. Though, the hammer is just one of many annoying things shaman orbs collide with.

Also, still getting totems dropping on flora hitboxes and not setting up, especially in Lamavora.

The Shaman’s super is extremely bad or is just bugged in my opinion. It does the same damage to a mob next to highsteppe’s wall if your lvl 1 or lvl 20. When i used it in the lich king dungeon it went to the lich king and did about 400 dmg per hit (at lvl 17) and it hits roughly 5 to 10 times so 4k damage at best.

it always does roughly 400 damage per hit no matter your level/gear and it doesn’t exactly charge fast.

Am i missing something? when testing it, I hit a brute in lamavora and then super’d, the wolf came out and took aggro when i wasn’t hitting at all and only used a stun orb to initiate the fight. if i do hit the mob then I keep aggro so the super doesn’t seem useful other than the damage it does but even that is lack luster.

On another note, the totemic call talent is too hard to use. unless I’m basically next to the totem I can’t find the hitbox to teleport to the totem. Talking to Semi I heard with a lot of practice its possible to get but I like his suggestion of making it so we point in the totems general direction instead of Directly to it.

The totemic call is also only triggerable with the hand your mask is placed in your inventory (so mines in my left slot so i can only teleport with my left hand). Whats the reason for this? I would like to use both hands.

Also some other things:
-Totems get stuck on the flowers in lamavora
-There’s no visual shaman mask. I’m disappointed we don’t have the mask the scavenger NPC has on when playing as the class (when legendary weapons come in, a shaman will have nothing to show off)

I believe the issues with the super is that it might not be scaling properly, we’ll look into it.

A lot of the low rocks that you can walk through also stop to totems from deploying correctly. They also seem to take a really long time to despawn and show back up if they don’t deploy. Maybe do something where if it hasn’t moved in a few frames but isn’t deployed it should show back up on your belt. Or just let it always deploy wherever it stops ( I took reach so that’s not a big issue :stuck_out_tongue: )

The Shaman’s totemic call talent is fun to use and I enjoy it but its hard to know when its off cooldown. can we get a indicator of some sort to show its up? (perhaps there is one and i haven’t noticed)

With the Shaman its hard to add an indicator like say a charged shot for the ranger because of there not being a weapon but perhaps an icon to the very left or right of your totems? or a sparkle and sound effect when its back up like with the Warrior’s lvl 20 DPS boost talent. Personally, I wouldn’t want another icon on my health bar as it can become cluttered once you add tiles, other dps icons, potions and the movement speed talent icon (+plus any debuffs or icons that future dungeons or raids might add).

Also the stun totem still bugs out fairly frequently with not spawning the orb. I’ve tested it on every slot of my belt and it doesn’t matter. Not entirely sure what is causing it to happen but its caused me to die enough times to rage.

Note spawning the orb on top of the totem, or not spawning the totem on your belt?

The orb on the totem doesnt appear.
The totem itself appears properly on your ‘belt’ and on the ground when placed but doesnt generate any orbs.

To fix it currently i have to place the totem again and hope the orb generates. (If it works its consistently spawning properly)

On my 20 runemage that was ported, today I decided I would give some other classes a shot. I went to the beginner weapons NPC (I like his dialogue for each thing) and decided to try out shaman. Bought the shaman mask and walked outside to the dummies. Cast a runemage spell, then decided I would put on a shaman mask for the first time ever. I equip the Shaman mask, and there’s already stuff in those bottom four slots: fishing lure (lesser eye) with 24/30 durability (I have not done anything related to fishing in this beta or prior ones, no construction of lures or anything), musketeer weakness orb, musketeer poison orb, musketeer decurse orb. While I likely had a fishing lure in my inventory in OG when my character was ported, I left everything not-runemage-related in my house chest over a year ago and untouched since. Waht. I was easily able to remove each so that I can put totems there, just thought that was weird/funny since I did not have any musketeer stuff on me in OG and not in current (nor prior) beta(s).

1 Like

Is totemic weakness supposed to apply twice, and if so should you get both with just one totem?
You end up with about a 2.5x damage boost when you have 2 stacks up.

To follow this up, I’ve been trying to work out a cause for this bug.

So all I can seem to work out is things that don’t effect it. the bug is completely inconsistent from my testing. Every so many random amount of places it will not spawn an orb to throw but the totem itself can always be placed/respawns.

It would bug if I have talents, if i had no talents, if a swapped talents.
It didn’t get effected by fps drops from what i could test.
It didn’t matter if i threw it with my left hand or right hand and it didn’t matter if i threw it far or just dropped it behind me.
it didn’t matter if I was holding grip or had mount on/off.
It didn’t matter if I looked at the totem or threw it behind me.

I went out of my way to try and bug the totem out. I tried throwing a working totem stun orb then placing the new one whilst the orb was rolling and that wouldn’t make it bug out.

What I did find was it seemed to be more likely to bug on first throw after changing zone. so i went into Lamavora and threw it. then would go into Hulthine’s basin and threw it, causing it to not spawn the orb more often but only for the first totem placement. (But this doesn’t explain why it would still sometimes not work after the first totem placement)

On another note, When fighting the sewer slime (second boss of sewer dungeon) the Fire totem stopped respawning in my ‘belt’ of totems for the duration of the fight. In the overworld I can’t remember having this bug but in the dungeons its happened 2 or 3 times.

1 Like

I was pretty consistently breaking my Stun orb by going into my player house (through the door). Outside the house, in highsteppe it would work without issue. Go in my house, straight to the training room and I wouldn’t get orbs. I had to exit and reenter a couple times to get it to spawn. For some reason it didn’t occur to me to send logs after that. I’ll check again tonight and sends logs if I can get it to happen again.

There is a potential fix for the shaman stun orbs not spawning in the patch this morning. Give it a shot and let us know if it fixes it.

This happened to my fire and lightning orbs as well

Beta 7:

The stun totem orb spawning seems to be fixed. Thank you

But I did find whilst testing DPS on the lvl 30 dummy outside of Highsteppe after roughly 1 minute of DPS, constantly throwing orbs as soon as they come up and then placing the totem as quickly as possible for the guaranteed crit, That the stun totem didn’t come back to my ‘belt’ to be replaced down. I then re-logged and sent the logs through the beta launcher reporter so hopefully you guys can find the cause.

I had totems fail to respawn on my belt several times this beta, more so than beta 6. I would have to swap the totems around in my utility slots to get them to respawn, but of course that doesn’t work in combat.

The orbs generated on top of totems and the mini belt totems still block dropped totems. This is annoying for replacing the totems. Even worse, if you release a totem near the hitbox of an orb or belt totem it is sent flying away and sets up far from where you intended (I originally thought this was because of totems shooting out like iron-man orbs, but that is not the case).