Beta 6 Warrior Feedback

the warrior not boring fight its much needed then a pally you can keep yourself alive and kit all the add with your sheild so your guild member goes out safe even you can watch the fight and tell your guild what going to happen and you will be the front hand to call out boss moves when your dps and healers get on it

I mean when your on your own it gets boring having to take two-three mins for one add, even boss fights can get boring to be honest unless they have interesting mechanic

1 Like

not really lots of fun the tank mobs on your own and i find alot of thing on my own as a warrior

I think you may be misinterpreting what I meant. I enjoy fighting with warrior solo but it takes to long to down an enemy in the beta for fighting to be fun

1 Like

but the tear brute have a hit box problem when i swing my sword

have you been useing your sheild bash and wound combo and charge wound and provoked heal also

I main warrior, I know how to use it.

same i also main warrior my very first class i level when i very first started orbusvr

• hit detection when there are multiple enemies in front of you is horrible, seems a lot worse than it was in OG orbus

• when using your ultimate, unless you have your sword pointing away from whatever’s in front of you, you end up sword rushing which can put you in undesirable situations.

• sword raise seems to be too sensitive now, often activating when doing combos that end in a upswing, this can be avoided, but relearning how to do a combo is kinda annoying.

• all bosses have a big melee range making it annoying to re position them, especially the first boss on the airship since you have to move him out of pools before you can start doing combos again.

• you need to hold your shield up for far too long while gripping to activate the level 30 talent. should be instant.

level 30 talents
shield leash
I haven’t actually tried it, but is seems kinda useless based on the description. leaching shield health to your health based on the damage you do. the only situation I can think of where it would be useful is a fight where you don’t take melee hits, because unless the heals you get are stupidly OP I’d rather have my shield in front of me and provoke heal through the shield, not put the shield to the side so I can do my oh so powerful warrior damage.

throw down
this one is also pretty useless, don’t know is this is intended, but you need at least about one third to a fourth of your shield left to be able to activate it, at which point most situations benefit more from the extra blocks from the shield. if you could activate it with just a slither left of your shield health it’s be very useful to make survivability easier when your shield goes down as you could break it for the defense buff right before it breaks from melee hits instead of multiple hits before it would break.

Edit: after some more tanking I can say that throw down isn’t as useless as I originally thought, even though you need about a fourth of your shield health left in order to use it. it will probably allow us to do high level bosses without healers eventually even though all the bosses hit like a truck.

1 Like

two of the sword models are mixed up

• shield blocking is way more inconsistent in reborn, I didn’t really notice at first due to the lack of tank busters on most of the bosses, but started noticing on higher level shards. I.ve never had any issue blocking hits the last few months of normal orbus other than when I made mistakes like moving too far into the boss, but in the beta I’m often having hits go through my shield when I’m in what looks like a good position. especially noticeable on the giant tree boss outside highsteppe.

• sword rush still doesn’t always update your position correctly right away, causing bosses to often walk toward where you stood when you sword rushed, not where you actually are now.

• having the shield health depleted when you respawn and having to wait for it to build back up is kinda stupid, your reasoning was that all cooldowns were reset on reawakening, but in that case it should start broken, not at 0 health and slowly regenerating.

1 Like

Paladin heal 30 talent is also bad. 10 min cooldown starting up again at death.

musket rez doesnt reset on death does it?

1 Like

It better not! That’s a huge cooldown as well :frowning:

all these issues are still present in the latest beta

I have most of those jotted down to work on. However, the shield stun being available when the shield is broken is now intended, as since shield stun has a separate cooldown we didn’t think there was any reason to further limit when the Warrior had it available to interrupt enemies.

On the shield blocking, we didn’t make any changes to that compared to original Orbus at all…so not really sure why that would be any different.

ok, cool.
about the shield blocking, it feels like the hitboxes of the bigger bosses are larger than the models, you have to stand really far away for it to hit your shield and not you.