Blog: Explore the Realm, Summer Fest, First Economy Updates - June 23rd

Dude not everyone got stacks of mats… looking around it is actually real few players who swim in a) dram and b) mats while newer players struggle to get enough obsidian for even the MSQ (and there is a certain connection between the shortage of many and the overflowing stacks of some, js).

Making ridiculous mats requirements will fix nothing. Y’all who got nothing to do than spending all day in the game to farm will have your mats back next week anyways, while others who got less time due to work or family would be flatout locked out of the event.

Apart from that events are a nice side activity, nothing more, I don’t play the game to do these. Or to farm. Or to craft. Or to sell things. All these are just - necessary and mostly boring - side-activities I don’t really care about. As so many I come on for group content, raids, shards, mainly.

Really hope this event is chilled enough that we can still do our dungeon evenings without everyone being stressed out with farming instead.

PS: Btw once I got 1 or 2 stacks of certain mats I sell my drops and harvests to the vendor. I couldn’t care less if I sell off mats/gear in games or if currency drops directly, both is totally normal if you play much. Players will always swim in common items if they invest more time in farming than most of the playerbase. It’s not that you need to keep everything or must have a place to spend mats or sell ALL on the auction house. Common mats can be sold to the vendor, anytime, problem solved (only wished we could sell tinkerer mats, these I delete).

1 Like

If you have more you pay more like taxes. Not require huge stacks from poor people. Its just a suggestion to help with the broken economy.

will people be able to acess the island if they join after the event is over?

The island will be accessible to all, it’s going to be permanent content.

Not tradeable. We want to avoid things like people trading to other characters with offensive names (or even softer trolls like soandsoguildsucks for example) since the name will be displayed to the whole server and then making our job more difficult tracking down the culprits, as well as potentially people losing them in PvP.

4 Likes

Damn I was hoping to use my 10% discount perk to resell them so everyone could get them cheaper xD

3 Likes

a bit off topic but how do you get that?

Once you hit level 30 and continue to level up after that, you get “Overlevel perks”. You can spend them in your library. One of the perks is to get up to 10% discount on all NPC merchants.

2 Likes

oh ok thanks

what is the point goal to unlock the new abberation area early?

1 Like

Will there be a set amount of what to gather/kill or just a list with different things we can gather/kill and we make a choice?

i believe every week you will get a list of items to gather and mobs to kill
EX: items: queens ear, blue moon, sun fish. Mobs: Undead, starfrusher, rat.
if that helps

you can get 1000 points from the items each week and 1000 points from the mobs each week totaling 2000 points a week

3 Likes

It gets crazy when everyone in the game is after one thing

Huh didn’t think so especially with that obsidian

It can get really ugly

1 Like

im ready for any items they want i got stacks of everything

3 Likes

the bomb buff staking ?

What do you mean?

No, there can only be one of each at any given time

1 Like

Any schedule on when the patch is hitting today?

2 Likes

noon, about to post patch notes within 30 min or so

2 Likes