Blog: New Highsteppe Preview

Hi everyone, we’re happy to post a preview of the brand new Highsteppe, coming August 31st!
It really feels like a much more alive town, so we’re excited for everyone to finally be able to live in it.

Check it out:

11 Likes

Looking fresh! I have a question - Will the quest-lines all be changed around? there are items you had to gather and talk to random town NPCs. Will they all be in similar locations?

2 Likes

Generally things will be mostly in the same places, like almost all important NPCs will be exactly at or close to where they were before, and for the quests that required objects I don’t think we’ll move those around much.

3 Likes

really excited the airship is looking very flyable and movable so hoping we can go on a ride again

7 Likes

Another thing I wanted to mention is we were able to make the doors more accessible for everyone, I know that has been a problem for certain players due to the height of some of the doorknobs, so they should be much more manageable now, including the door inside the fellowship hall which I know was particularly tall before.

10 Likes

Will the underground part of highsteppe be getting any changes or is it staying the same?

The underground has some new textures but otherwise doesn’t have any major changes.

2 Likes

are the texture changes going to affect our frames/overall game experience for the better or worse? Really hoping for better

1 Like

We’re doing some testing but in theory the performance should be better than the last Highsteppe while looking fancier at the same time.

9 Likes

Are the new hairstyles and customization options coming out with the new Highsteppe? I couldn’t find anything on it for some reason.

They’ll be coming a little later. We should have a preview blogpost out some time after the new Highsteppe is released where we’ll have more about it.

Okay thanks. A suggestion I have is maybe give everyone one free refresh (barber token) since so much is coming out and everyone would at least like to check them out.

6 Likes

I really like the idea of having enemies on display in Darius’ shop. I think especially having many of the very similar sounding enemies like staffrushers, barking staffrushers, staffrages, staffrasters, etc. Could help newer players visually identify what enemies they are supposed to be looking for for their missions.

Yeah, I think that is the plan. :slight_smile:

You’ll be able to use the pointing nametags in there as well so hopefully that helps some more to distinguish them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.