Brainstorming New Affixes

That would be 2% to a whole party that’s 20% for total party dps

Sure, but it’s only 10% more than the buff normally is. 220% instead of 200% total damage. Good, but not broken, especially for a once every 2.5 minute ability.

It’s also an affix that would take the place of one of your others. You have to trade off your unbending / charged strikes to give 10% more on your damage buffs.

1 Like

So instead of a healer running charged strikes unbending they would run unbending team player and I think you still fail to see how OP it would be especially for speed runs
These are all buffs that’s keep 100% uptime
Warrior can keep a solid 4.25% 100% uptime adds 0.425%
Ranger 5% adds 0.5%
Musket 5% adds 0.5%
Bard 5% adds 0.5%
Mage 10% adds 1%
Pally 1.5% adds 0.15%
Scoundrel 8% adds 0.8%
That’s where the 3.875% is
Does not account for bard super or the other dps talent for bard

Well, we don’t use a musky when doing speedruns. Let’s say the party is a warrior, a bard and 8 dps.

The mage would add 8% (1x8), 3% more than if they just ran iceheart
The ranger would add 4% (0.5x8), 1% less than if they just ran iceheart
The scoundrel would add 6.4% (0.5x8), 1.4% more if they just ran iceheart

All other DPS wouldn’t run team player.

Warrior and Bard would add ~4% of a person each (~0.5x8)

Let’s say the base dps of the party is 100. The buffs (10% mage, 5% ranger, 8% scoundrel, 5% bard and 5% warrior) would make the party do 132. Team player would add 10% of the buff amount, so the party would do 135.2

That’s far from OP, especially if we are taking into the account that running other damage affixes would also increase the total party damage.

cool ring affix: animal tamer or something idk. about bleed chance to spawn an old game corrupt to fight alongside you for about the time rupert does and do roughly the same damage. idk about bosses but defo normal trash. ig bosses but the devs would have to make it not an entity.

4 Likes

Here’s an idea for an affix, lore master. It gives you a damage boost that isn’t activated by doing damage but instead screaming out a lore fact, the cooler the lore fact the mort damage boost you get.

3 Likes

Uhmm not sure if I’m not getting it but wouldn’t using iceheart, since everyone gets a 5% boost from the rotation mage be 3x8 so 24% over using bleed, team player which atleast with my math which I’m not good at math only be 1x8 so 8%? Even with scoundrels and rangers with eveyone using iceheart the entire parties buff would be 24% over the 8% which this is only talking about the mage buffs not the other buffs you get like the rangers and scoundrels
The post itself really confuses me so please let me know if its like not correct

Alright apparently I really need to clarify exactly what the affix does because I didn’t explain it enough.

The affix would increase all damage boosting effects you cause by 10%. If you’re a rotation mage, it would make your weakness go from 5% to 5.5% for the whole party. If you’re a scoundrel, it would make your break shot go from 8% to 8.8%.

How I’m doing the math is like this:
Let’s say you have a party of 8 DPS that all do the same amount of damage. If you’re a rotation mage, keeping 2 weaknesses up is 10% damage for each party member. This equates to you being responsible for 80% more damage (8 people * 10% = 80%). If everyone was doing 10 dps, the weakness makes everyone do 11 dps, so you are responsible for 8 more dps.

Team Player would increase this buff by 10%. Instead of 2 weaknesses adding 10% damage, they would add 11% damage. Using the above example, everyone would now do 11.1 dps, so you are responsible for 8.8 more dps, 10% more than without team player.

This would be slightly better than running a damage affix. Since team player added 0.8 dps, 8% of the 10 dps you were doing, it’s a little better than running bleed / iceheart / giantkiller in that scenario.

It would be best for rotation mages, bards and some muskies/bards in large parties. Rangers and scoundrels could also run it, but since the break shot / hunter’s mark are weaker buffs it isn’t as powerful. It could also be ran on tanks, increasing the pally’s left book buffs and the warrior’s blessing of might.

To be honest, if the affix still doesn’t make sense, I’m just gonna edit it out of my post :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.